Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18106 (January 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Crash on playing MP4 files  (Read 3539 times)

mdev2020

• View Profile
Crash on playing MP4 files
« on: June 11, 2020, 03:33:26 AM »
Hey guys,
I am getting crashes every time I try to play an MP4 file.
I have a bunch of music clips that I got via youtube-dl. I am basically interested in using the MP4 files as audio as I don't care about the video in those.

I am using version v1.0.12.5586.
I've attached a crash report.

I'd love to know if it's been solved already.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:35:35 AM by mdev2020 »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Crash on playing MP4 files
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 05:42:36 AM »
The crash appears to be due to the video decoder not being able to load a supporting dll that it needs - can you please check if there's a libmp4v2.dll in the root of the WACUP program folder. As there should be a copy of it there & if it is then I'll need to figure out a way to replicate the crash as I'm not seeing it at the moment on a quick Win7 test & if it isn't then I'll need to re-check the installer.

However as you're also only wanting the audio aspect, you can try setting the audio-only option for the in_mp4 preferences.

-dro

mdev2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »
That did it! Thank for the help, man :)

Mits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
If you are sure you won't need the video part in the future, you can always extract the audio from the .mp4 and delete the original video source, saving some HDD space. The simplest way of doing that is by using VLC (if you are familiar to it) and its Media - Convert/Save function.

mdev2020

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
Yup, that's a good way to do it. Thanks!