Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Alternative visualizers  (Read 2333 times)

ariszlo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Alternative visualizers
« on: May 27, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
MilkDrop is the best visualizer ever made for Winamp, imho, but I cannot stop myself trying out alternatives. Let me share with you what I have just found.

It really surprised me that SoundSpectrum still actively developed music visualizers which support, among others, Winamp. You cannot directly install SoundSpectrum's visualizers for WACUP but you can copy over the dll's from Winamp's Plugins directory. I have tried all their visualizers in Big Bento Modern and they run seamlessly. :)

These are the dll's of the visualizers:
  • vis_Aeon.dll
  • vis_G-Force.dll
  • vis_SoftSkies.dll
  • vis_WhiteCap.dll
  • vis_WinterWonders.dll

ariszlo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative visualizers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 09:09:07 PM »
I have found another one. Similarly to SoundSpectrum's visualizers, Morphyre cannot be installed directly for WACUP but you can copy over vis_Morphyre.dll from Winamp's Plugins directory to WACUP's.

Unlike other visualizers, Morphyre toggles fullscreen with the F key.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 09:10:03 PM by ariszlo »

ariszlo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative visualizers
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:19:18 PM »
Tripex3 was the third most downloaded visualizer at Winamp.com after Geiss and Milkdrop.

This is how you can install it for WACUP:
  • Download Version 3.12 (earlier versions will not run on recent versions of Windows).
  • Install it into WACUP's Plugins directory.
  • Rename vis-tx3.dll to vis_tx3.dll
The last step is necessary because WACUP only recognizes visualizers whose filenames begin with vis_