Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Hotfix updates  (Read 4031 times)

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Hotfix updates
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:46:07 AM »
As TLS components are these days, a) required and b) often compromised or bugged, what about having the ability to pull down the latest DLLs directly ?

And related, how will you go about offering an update if for example, the Lame libs get updated, but nothing in WACUP needs updating ?
Traditionally I would just keep an eye on the rarewares site and manually upgrade, but now you are using your own optimised build, so would rather stick with that.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Hotfix updates
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »
It comes down to requiring timely updates coming from me to provide updates for things as needed (be it something I notice or something that's reported).

At the moment I've had a bum period in getting builds out but releases will go up & down depending on what's being worked on or what else is needed.

In that example you could use a newer version as long as it's interface compatible (which would be likely) & it's more convenience of size / compiler solution that is the difference with most of my supporting dll builds that are starting to constitute a WACUP release.

However I've got to finish off an updater mode but I'm not generally going to be looking at doing per-release patches as it's often simpler with the size of what's being installed (the installer is generally ranging from 5-7MB depending on build type, etc) that it'd just pull down the whole installer & run that based on the user's config options (there's another thread about what was mentioned as being ok to do about updating options that I've got to implement for a v1.0).

-dro