Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: SC_SERV override  (Read 4301 times)

ricktee76

• View Profile
    • Rebel Radio
SC_SERV override
« on: April 04, 2018, 10:44:00 PM »
I know its slightly off topic and not specifially tied to Winamp, but I think it's a relevant question. Is there a way to create a page similar with more control Via Winamp plugins? I'm not asking for that to be implemented but as a concept is it possible via a new plug-in?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: SC_SERV override
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:10:32 AM »
I've re-read the post a few times & I'm still not 100% sure about what you're asking for as there's not a direct connection between sc_serv (SHOUTcast DNAS) & Winamp in normal usage nor am I sure which page it is that you're referencing (the DNAS stream summary page?).

WACUP will have some streaming related improvements with a mini-DNAS already built into the current beta builds along with a super basic control page (there's plans to make use of the winamp2-js project to provide an alternate web-ui). There will also eventually be a source dsp replacement along with a simpler mode to set them all up to work to stream what's currently playing to the server plug-in but I really don't know if that's the sort of thing you mean or something completely different.

-dro

ricktee76

• View Profile
    • Rebel Radio
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »
It was related to the standard Shoutcast DNAS, could that,in theory, be over ridden via the add-ons or are the hooks to do that out of your control.
I know you can do it via a lot of web faced coding, but is there a way to do it from PC etc.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 02:46:40 AM »
I don't think what you're wanting to do really fits in with Winamp tbh. If you really wanted to then yes you could make a Winamp plug-in & have that provide a different UI to the user but you'd be doing the same as writing your own replacement web page & having the plug-in / web page query the DNAS for information before displaying it in a different manner.

So it's probably simpler overall to have a replacement web page than a Winamp plug-in (maybe within the confines of a now playing / directory view in Winamp then having it query the DNAS for more information & showing that might have some merit) but unless you hack the DNAS &/or use the v2 solution & enable some of the later page redirection options to force the user to the replacement page, there's nothing to stop the original DNAS page from being acessed.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense against what I think you're asking.

-dro