Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: LCD Smartie Support  (Read 1583 times)

maxcelcat

• Beta Tester
  • Winamp user since 1999!
    • View Profile
LCD Smartie Support
« on: June 30, 2021, 04:22:53 AM »
So it appears I'm the last person on earth still using LCD Smartie http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/. The last release was in 2007! I still have an LCD screen attached to my PC, which was showing info from Winamp. You know, currently playing, remaining time, mundane info like that.

Anyway, none of this is working with WACUP. I can't say I'm surprised. Is there any chance this will be revived? Or is it high time I moved on and found a replacement for LCD Smartie? I do have to say, I'm yet to find anything like it.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: LCD Smartie Support
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 03:02:15 PM »
I see there's meant to be source code available but it's under CVS so I can't just browse it to have a look. From a look at other parts of their site, there's mention of Winamp plug-ins but I can't tell if you have to install them or if the base install (I've not downloaded anything so far) should "just work".

So does it install a plug-in into Winamp (which might be why it's not seen by WACUP if it's gone into a different install folder or you've installed WACUP in portable mode which will prevent 3rd party plug-ins from being loaded). It might also be looking for a specific window title string which I've tried to match to Winamp within reason so that could be why it's failing to find things.

Also is there anything else specific about installing it that I need to be aware off ?

-dro

maxcelcat

• Beta Tester
  • Winamp user since 1999!
    • View Profile
Re: LCD Smartie Support
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 02:06:17 AM »
I might actually have spoken too soon - the LCD smartie software is currently working fine with WACUP. Not sure why it was playing up initially. Having said that the Smartie app is ancient, and I'm surprised it's still struggling on.