Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How do I edit the *Entire* skin?  (Read 1802 times)

Maxpphire

• View Profile
How do I edit the *Entire* skin?
« on: August 13, 2023, 11:05:08 PM »
Hey so I just got into this today and I'm happy there is still a Winamp, but I've run into an issue.

I've figured out how to make skins but the only problem is that it's only for the main section. I can't figure out how to make everything else match. I specifically want to make the current skin I have to also affect the Big Clock, Media Library, Waveform Seeker, Lyrics, and Album Art windows as well, but I cannot figure out how to do that.

I've tried to reverse-engineer the xml files to update the colors for the Winamp Classic skin colors as a last resort but it doesn't seem to do anything, which is also frustrating.

Anyone have any leads and pointers? I have looked at the "Winamp skinning resources" thread to no help on what I want to do.

ariszlo

• View Profile
Re: How do I edit the *Entire* skin?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 09:06:29 PM »
It is the standardframe.xml that skins the rest of the skin.
My Study Skin has a very simple standardframe.xml for a starter. Winamp Modern has a more advanced one.
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt