Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)  (Read 26455 times)

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)
« on: November 11, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »

[edit]
Last updated: November 22nd 2021 with v2.0
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:38:48 PM by dro »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Re: Defix Hi-End (skin)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 02:15:01 AM »
Wow! Looks nice! I've almost forgotten how it felt to find a new skin out of the blue.. I'm getting anxious now, why the time frame?? XD

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:24:05 AM »
A surprising pleasant news to see new skin announcement. looking forward to the release

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 04:07:12 AM »
Wow! Looks nice! I've almost forgotten how it felt to find a new skin out of the blue.. I'm getting anxious now, why the time frame?? XD

I set myself a deadline)))

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 04:07:57 PM »
A true delight to see other people than me, Victhor and Mirzi creating something new (nothing against you), am excited to test it!
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 04:39:05 AM »

I set myself a deadline)))

OK, sounds fair, but if you don't make it, don't worry, just release it under a beta tag and we'll see from there.. ;)

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 12:42:21 PM »
Google drive:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLhymbGAedviECVGZU7bqZHe4BJJzqLg/view?usp=sharing

Download from site:  https://severm.kz/winamp-defix-hi-end/

done!

However, I am going to add some more features.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:59:07 PM by Denis »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
First of all...

Well done!! I liked the skin, a lot! Some new bits here and there, I know a lot of skins and can tell what is from where, but I liked how you took the elements from other skins and use / transform it with a specific intention, that denotes good taste and hard work.
There are some bits to improved here and there, but they are mostly small stuff. The only one thing I see that needs to be fix is that you didn't include the source scripts, it's good practise to share it along the release files (even mandatory in the case of the scripts of my skins). Are you planning on sharing it at some point?

Really looking forward to the next build (I bet more color themes are on the plate, right?). Keep up the hard work!!

PS: Extra points for not asking even a single question about the scripts / files / etc.. where did you get the skinning expertise?? This is your first skin?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 02:31:16 PM by victhor »

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Hats off to you for coming up with something so new and so great, in 2020 even!
It's really impressive what you've done here and I hope you share the scripts with us, because this is really incredible.
The two infoboxes option for the playlist is what most intrigues me and the way you display the album art of the next song, how'd you do that?! This is great!!!

The Skin Settings window is also really well done and what impresses me the most is switching out the background image amongst other things.

Keep up the great work, I'm excited to see what comes next!
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »
Nice skin, I like the way you have thought of smaller/finer details & implemented them. Also providing power button to close is beautiful.  Giving credits to original skin developer is a good practice & needed, you have not forgotten that. +1 point for it.

really great efforts, even I have a question as rightly said by Victhor; where you learnt skin scripting. I have not seen you asking any questions regarding skin development, or are you an old timer just started on.

keep skinning...

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
Thank you for your kind words. Now, I'll try to answer all your questions.

As for the scripts, I've written them by a method of trial and error. That's why the scripts are now scattered across different folders and some were even lost). I will definitely upload them as soon as I organize them.

I've been writing my scrips on the basis of the Bento folder' s source.( WaSDP_1.14)

First, I am going to add more colour themes and improve new variants of display.

Finally, the most important part is to add visualization on the same page with video in the SUI window.

I will also create a version for WACUP.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 05:37:41 PM »

Thank you for this skin. I've been using it with WACUP without any problems. The only thing I request along with the updates you have planned is a notification window. Many skins provide this pop-up that momentarily displays info on a file (including it's album art) as it starts playing and the app's playback status when playback is paused or stopped and when the end of the playlist is reached.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »

Thank you for this skin. I've been using it with WACUP without any problems. The only thing I request along with the updates you have planned is a notification window. Many skins provide this pop-up that momentarily displays info on a file (including it's album art) as it starts playing and the app's playback status when playback is paused or stopped and when the end of the playlist is reached.

😅 Thank you for the remark. I' ve forgotten about the Notification. I will definitely add this feature soon.

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 05:02:12 AM »
List of skins that I used: Big Bento, Big Bento Modern, Winamp Modern, AS_Fx21_EVO, WMP11 BlueVU,  Anaheim Player 01.

I would be glad to receive your comments about scripts.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 05:07:15 AM by Denis »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
List of skins that I used: Big Bento, Big Bento Modern, Winamp Modern, AS_Fx21_EVO, WMP11 BlueVU,  Anaheim Player 01.

I would be glad to receive your comments about scripts.

Great! I'll take a deeper look later and check if there's any unnecessary code or leftover to make the scripts tidier / more direct (modding can get quite messy in time, I know).