Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How to find Tracks with Genre?  (Read 1820 times)

Witzker

• View Profile
How to find Tracks with Genre?
« on: July 27, 2022, 09:37:24 PM »
Hi
I cannot find an option to search for genre.

Is there a search syntax anywhere?
Pls. advice
THX

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How to find Tracks with Genre?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 12:38:44 AM »
Are you trying to search in the main playlist or in the local library? I also assume based on the username that you've come over here from the reddit suggestion so searching for things should be the same if you're used to using 5.666 or earlier. If you can say where you're trying to search then I can better answer your question.

-dro

Witzker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »
Hi,
THX for your quick answer.
YES, I'm Back
and it's really great that you decided for Revival of Winamp.

I haven't used it since ages, but now I want to go on in sorting my mp3s.

I installed Jellyfin for that reason to have access with Tablet iPhone etc. to see wrong files and give them the right taging
But I must say, I'm totally disappointed about the search function in Jellyfin.

I asked if I have done something Wrong, or it needs time for Indexing - BUT as nearly always
if they know their weakness = no answer or defending hard the bad situation
blocking any progress.

Caused by this I remembered the fantastic search possibilities in Winamp ant was lucky that I was pointed here.

After a while I found the search option for Genre, and now I can remember it.
(I don't know how to get the screenshot in the Post)

Is there a way to access WACUP with an Android tablet or iPhone?
The library is on my Synology NAS and on a TruNas scale with unusable Jellyfin.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »
https://www.blitterhead.com/ampwifi-android-app might help with the android accessing - it needs plug-ins to be installed into wacup so that the app can then make use of things. It may also not be the greatest of interfaces (the winamp plug-in required to help access things - the app itself is really nice imho).

When running wacup locally then you should be ok to access network shares without any real issues - mostly it'll just be ensuring the OS can see the share & if needed has the required level of access so programs like wacup can then access them.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 07:57:00 PM »
Please excuse this interruption. I don't see the 3 options to the left of the search bar (in the screenshot above) in my ML audio view. I'm using the replacement library plug-in (ml_ll). Does it support these options and I've somehow turned them off? If so, how do I turn them back on?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 07:58:15 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 10:17:00 PM »
My plug-in doesn't implement those buttons which were mostly just shortcuts to the actions on the add/edit smart view dialog. I never liked them & the only thing that was generally helpful was the artwork toggle action which is a whole feature set I need to still implement in the replacement plug-in. So you've not done anything to disable them as part of the beta builds & it'll only appear in the preview builds where ml_local is being used.

-dro