Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Use <spacebar> in Milkdrop  (Read 3366 times)

MrZoolook

• View Profile
Use <spacebar> in Milkdrop
« on: June 29, 2022, 11:29:10 PM »
Is there a way to prevent the spacebar from pausing/unpausing the song playback? The spacebar is used during Milkdrop playback to go to the next preset, but that function is all but rendered inoperable due to Wacup hijacking it to control playback.

I have tried various combinations of all the tick-boxes under Global Hotkeys, and it sometimes works (as in Wacup is prevented from using Spacebar to control playback) and sometimes doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to if it works or not.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Use <spacebar> in Milkdrop
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 12:07:49 AM »
Shift+Spacebar will always do the preset transition. The general change to use the Spacebar to toggle playback by default was to better standardise things across all of the skin types where a lot of modern skins & also other comparable players had gone towards this usage.

You can however go to the Playlist preferences page & change the spacebar dropdown option there to try to get what you need though there's nothing to stop the skin being used from taking over from that attempted option. Global Hotkeys is not the appropriate way to try to change things & is more likely to mess things up as that is not limited to just within the WACUP process.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 12:12:19 AM by dro »

MrZoolook

• View Profile
Re: Use <spacebar> in Milkdrop
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 06:14:10 AM »
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!