Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Dynamic Playlist and Notepad?  (Read 1870 times)

Prism404

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Dynamic Playlist and Notepad?
« on: December 08, 2021, 09:20:32 AM »
This may be already in the works (I'm new here, as in about 45 minutes new, but I might have to stay here if Winamp blows itself up with the streaming transition, so here I am.) I was wondering when the Dynamic Playlist feature was being added, it would be incredibly useful for me. ;D

Also, as a side note, I had an idea for Winamp 5.8 that I guess could be recycled for this; I was thinking a notepad for taking notes on each song or playlist? It could just be an in-software editor using txt files, nothing special, but again, it would be useful for me, and it might turn out to be useful for others. :D

Also, I hope I'm not being stupid by asking, but when is the Beta testing opening again? I would like to get a copy of the preview, but the note at the top of the board says that the program needs to be reworked. The last public release was almost 9 months earlier than the last beta release, so who knows what has been added since then. I would like a copy of the beta preview, if possible. ;)

I'm sorry if I'm not coming across correctly, I've been up since early yesterday, it is now 4:17 am, so I'm tired.  :P

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Dynamic Playlist and Notepad?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »
The dynamic playlist stuff hasn't seen anything done to it since the placeholder part was added though the basis of it would really just be smart views that are more constrained so it can already be approximated to an extent, it's just the convenience of things being within the 'playlist' handling that is really what's the missing part.

What sort of information are you thinking these text files should contain? As it's somewhat what the comments tag of a file's metadata is meant for. Creating a file (I assume based on the current file) & dumping things into that is relatively simple to, it's just how practical it is vs having to maintain support for it that I'm uncertain about.

Beta access technically re-opened last month but I've not finished putting up the new landing page with my requirements on what I'm expecting from beta testers nor that requests will be just accepted as was mostly happening before after some of the crap I've had from some who were given access which has tbqh not wanted me to really publicise it as a thing anymore.

-dro

Prism404

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic Playlist and Notepad?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 10:04:44 PM »
Thanks for responding so quickly! ;D

The notepad idea is because I don’t really have the know-how to edit a ton of metadata for each piece of media, and I currently have some 17000 items in my Library folder (I archive music automatically with a YouTube stripper for my personal use, so I have some 670 GB of music data and counting.) I was thinking if there was a barebones notepad editor for taking notes on Playlists and Songs, it might make it easier to take notes for people who don’t/can’t make metadata changes in their library. I’m currently doing some self-projects with the library I have right now, so the ability to take notes on each song for those projects at will would be nice. ;D

Also, thanks for explaining the beta program as it stands. I’ll wait patiently until the page is complete. ;)