Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Crash on exit + long playlist loading time  (Read 7335 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Crash on exit + long playlist loading time
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 04:44:03 AM »
So around 1ms per entry which seems high though I don't have an HDD in this machine to check against. From my SSD testing it's usually around 0.01ms on average & there's always going to be some variation but even still ~41s is still too long.

I'll message you something to try out once I've had some sleep.

-dro

Abilio_KID

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »
After another reboot (today) and the times went up again. I really don't get what's going on with this issue.

202962.375ms

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 05:19:56 PM »
That's only a 4 second variation & I've now messaged you with something to try out.

What it comes down to is when accessing an HDD or an SSD for the first time after a reboot, the OS hasn't yet got an in-memory cache about the files & folders on the drive which means it's going to be slow until that information is cached which will make it faster the next time around things need to be accessed.

So I'd say it's normal but an HDD makes it more noticeable & your setup vs the size of the playlist & what I'm doing is triggering a worst case response which I'm hoping what I've messed will help to improve the reported situation as well as subsequent loads once the OS cache has been built.

-dro