Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)  (Read 26434 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Defix Hi-End (skin)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2021, 10:55:16 AM »
Hi Denis,

The placement of the notification pop-up is purely a matter of personal preference. I like it near the top middle of the display screen. Of course you as the designer are free to put it where-ever you want and allow for adjustment of the position or not. Some of the other modern skins I use default to the top left corner and allow enough pixels to be added to the x and y coordinates so that the pop-up could end up in the bottom right corner (or almost anywhere) . The default Winamp modern skin placed it in the bottom right corner (with no way to move it). Being able to move the current top middle position a little further down and to the left would be nice for me (since the pop-up expands or shrinks depending on the info displayed), but the current position is good enough. Being able to move it a little further from the corners might be useful for others. Some notification pop-ups are a fixed size and truncate info that doesn't fit. I like the way yours works much better.

Stereo Tool is a great sound enhancer. But it does have a 'ton' of options. It took me weeks to finally get it setup the way I liked.  Something that works well across the various genres I listen to. I also have a few setups (presets) tailored for specific cases. It's kind of hard to find one group of settings for everything. My goal was to clearly hear everything (vocal and instruments) even at low volumes. I've found that small adjustments work better than large ones.  Make a change and listen for awhile (2 or 3 songs) to give your ears time to adapt. Then decide if you need more or less of the adjustment. You can also get presets from the Stereo Tool forum to try.  :)

As for the latest version of your skin, you've made some great additions, imo. The 2 analog VU meters view is a nice one, even though it doesn't really show the bass and treble variations in a song. I like the single analog VU meter view. The bitrate and file format info now updates correctly when the song changes. I also discovered something related to the timer mode reverting to time elapsed with each song change. The classic skins in my collection were set to show elapsed time. When I changed them to show time remaining, your skin also stayed in time remaining mode. I don't know why the classic skin setting affects your modern skin this way. The other modern skins I use don't care what the classic skin settings are. All classic skins use the same set of settings. Modern skins usually can be setup individually.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 11:48:52 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 12:55:39 AM »
I miss-spoke in my last post. Classic and modern skins do share some settings. The most notable is the player volume.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 03:28:36 AM »
After making a few minor adjustments and adding animated speakers for my personal use, this is now my second favorite skin.
Click on the image below to make it larger.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:37:37 AM by Aminifu »

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »

Wow this is very cool) :o

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0 (Last updated: November 22nd 2021)
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2021, 02:42:00 AM »
First post of the thread has now been updated to provide v2.0 of the skin, enjoy & don't forget to thank Denis!

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2021, 08:06:00 AM »
Hi Denis,

Interesting changes in version 2.0. I can't get the animated speakers to work. Is there an option somewhere that needs to be enabled?

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2021, 08:23:01 AM »
Hi Denis,

Interesting changes in version 2.0. I can't get the animated speakers to work. Is there an option somewhere that needs to be enabled?

I think they work. They have little diffuser travel and only respond to low frequencies. But yes, I'll probably make a second mode, which will be more visual.

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2021, 08:26:25 AM »
Script resources 2.0.0

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2021, 10:46:08 AM »
Thanks, Denis. :)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2021, 08:25:04 AM »
Hi Denis,

I think they work. They have little diffuser travel and only respond to low frequencies. But yes, I'll probably make a second mode, which will be more visual.

Yes !!! Thanks, Denis.  :D

I used the equalizer to maximize the frequencies output of my files and still don't see any movement in the main speaker drivers. So I hope you do find time to make a second mode.

I have seen multiple driver speakers in other skins where all the drivers are animated. I added the animated speakers (shown in reply #32 above) from Steven Mould's excellent "JVC Tape v0.6" skin to your skin. He graciously gives his consent that his skin may be used as a reference point. Only the large bass drivers are animated in these speakers, but the speakers look like the real thing and do provide a very cool effect, imo.

I remember using component stereo systems many, many years ago and like using skins that remind me of those old analog music systems.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:56:25 AM by Aminifu »

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2021, 10:16:05 PM »
Here is a new version in which I improved the animation and added several types of speakers. Now the speaker membranes are more sensitive, and you can see how they move. But I am still working on them.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Defix Hi-End (skin) v2.0.5 (Last updated: November 24th 2021)
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
Thank you Denis for the quick turn-around. An early Xmas present?  :)

I can see the speaker animation in all 3 modes with the base and entire frequency ranges. The effect is subtle in the standard mode and more pronounced in the other 2.

I was surprised by the feature added to replace the equalizer from the earlier versions. I'm not a skinner, so I will need to learn how to use it. I use a DSP plug-in instead of the equalizer, so I won't miss it.

Denis

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2021, 02:26:48 AM »
Due to the fact that I do not use the equalizer from the winamp, I keep forgetting that I need to do my own window for it. I always had the idea to move all functions like balance, x-fade and others to the equalizer window. But I understand that it will take a lot of time, which I do not have yet.

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2021, 07:50:40 PM »
I always had the idea to move all functions like balance, x-fade and others to the equalizer window. But I understand that it will take a lot of time, which I do not have yet.

Much less time than how much you have put into making your skin so far. Have a look at the equalizer of my Study Skin with crossfade and balance sliders.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2021, 07:55:08 AM »
Hi Denis,

I've returned to version 163_Beta because I like the way album art is used in the 2 info boxes in the playlist in this version better than in version 2.0.5. I just noticed an issue with the info box that contains the song title, artist, album, etc. This info is not updated when the next song starts if the album art or artist associated with the song is the same as was associated with the previous song. I can get the info to update correctly if I close and re-open the playlist window. I'm wondering if this is due to the way this version of the skin is coded or if it is due to something in WACUP's coding. I'm currently using beta build #9630.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 08:53:18 AM by Aminifu »