Latest WACUP beta release is build #9410 (November 20th 2021) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #7236 (March 11th 2021)

NOTE: New beta testers are not currently being added as I need to re-work the beta test program

If you've not already requested to be a beta tester & would like to then please send a PM to 'dro' to be added to the beta test group.

Note: requests to be a beta tester are processed in batches when new beta builds are released so please by patient of this process.

Author Topic: Show first selected in Playlist Editor  (Read 1348 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Show first selected in Playlist Editor
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:21:32 PM »
Why is the subject command in the Playlist Editor's Send to: context menu? Does it move the selected file to first in the playlist?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:22:27 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Show first selected in Playlist Editor
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 09:43:00 PM »
It was something requested far too many years back on the old forum & was a means when in the library view to try to quickly locate a file in & scroll it into view in the playlist editor if it exists.

The location of the item in the playlist doesn't get moved (that's what move after current is for) & it's something that can be disabled (tbh I don't remember it being enabled by default).

-dro
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:35:59 PM by dro »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
Thank you for the explanation. Now it makes sense to me. It is unfortunate that the same Send to: context menu is used in both the Playlist Editor and the Media Library. I can understand that the command could be useful if there is a very long playlist and a file in a library view is also somewhere in the Playlist Editor's playlist. I remember that the ML didn't exist in the beginning and a playlist could get very long.

In this case, I didn't want to chance trying the command without knowing what it does. I was a little bored and looking for stuff that I have not tried before. I have now tried it in WACUP and Winamp. It appears to be disabled. I have looked thru the Winamp and WACUP preferences and don't see anything related to it. It is not something I would use anyway. I use the Playlist Editor's search feature to look for something in a long playlist.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:10:27 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

vikflash

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 07:27:05 AM »
I have the last public build (July 23rd 2020) and I'm looking how to activate this one... Really useful with large playlists.
I have seen the option "flash playlist entry when using show entry in playlist"
but when in library view I don't see the option.
In Winamp versions I think it was in "Send to" context menu.
Where is it please ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:27:36 AM by vikflash »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 04:48:04 AM »
It's not enabled by default & is/was implemented via the JTFE plug-in. So you'll need to go to Preferences -> Playlist -> Jump to file -> Media Library tab -> enable the library support. Eventually I'll have it so the send-to support doesn't rely upon the media library but that's still a way off being done.

-dro

vikflash

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »
Thanks Dro
That was what I was lookin' for... and it works
Vik