Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 133225 times)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 04:10:17 PM »
Is the Browser tab still useful? All it does is tell you that "You've asked for client.winamp.com."
Was it ever useful is probably the better question imho. I'd personally rather not see it in there at all (in any of the modern skins) & things just load in the default browser (using a crippled IE/webbrowser experience isn't enjoyable) if there's a need. As the modern skins can more easily show the sort of extra info that doing things via the browser is trying to do without the massive overhead & jarring interfacing.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 05:24:50 AM »
New version is up people (0.93), check it out, lots of new stuff (more than 30 items on the changelog!). Be warned that the Language pack I prepared is not working on WACUP yet (but you can use the included wasabi.xml* to translate the skin to your own language!).

*Maybe it works if placing the file inside a Language Pack / Folder on a WACUP install? I haven't test it, let me know if you do.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 01:14:05 PM »
*Maybe it works if placing the file inside a Language Pack / Folder on a WACUP install? I haven't test it, let me know if you do.
Language pack support is somewhat intentionally broken in WACUP and this will be re-enabled at a later time. This was done to avoid issues with existing language packs & the replacement plug-ins which try to leverage some of the existing resources & can crash in some cases.

-dro

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
Thank you for making my new favorite skin!
Two issues
1) As per the screen shot, the color themes change the color of the buttons.
I am using Winamp Modern | City Night 2. I would think that those buttons should stay consistent no matter which color pack you use. The default color theme makes the buttons appear correctly.

2) On the same screen. If you hover over that window pane and try to scroll with your mouse, it adjusts the volume. On all of the other panes, it will scroll that particular window up and down. This also happens with the Notification Options. I am not sure if this is skin related or WACUP related, but I thought I would report.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2017, 06:03:58 PM »
1) As per the screen shot, the color themes change the color of the buttons.... I would think that those buttons should stay consistent no matter which color pack you use.

You're right, it was my intention at first but changed it back and forth a couple of times and I forgot to update the gammagroup. Corrected now, thanks!

2) On the same screen. If you hover over that window pane and try to scroll with your mouse, it adjusts the volume.

That's expected, sadly. I'm glad you perceived it like a traditional scrollbar (not different from all the others), but the thing is that Winamp doesn't have a scrollbar option for the skin engine, so I refurbished the one found on cPro2 widgets window and didn't find a way to make it respond to mouse wheel. I know, it's annoying at first, but you get used eventually. What's important is that you can reach the bottom part of the tab content without needing to resize the whole window. For now, that's good enough for me.

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
Be warned that the Language pack I prepared is not working on WACUP yet (but you can use the included wasabi.xml* to translate the skin to your own language!).

I can confirm, it works with Language Pack with WACUP but it is unstable. Now it is only usable to check how the translation works but it is not good to use in normal work - it crashes a lot!
As DrO wrote, Language pack support is intentionally broken in WACUP.
-Pawel

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:06 PM »
Now it is only usable to check how the translation works but it is not good to use in normal work...

Well, and non-WACUP / traditional Winamp installs too. For the time being I'm targeting them, besides WACUP is still in beta, traditional Winamp installs are still way too many to ignore.

PS / EDIT: I'm open to observations about the translation stuff, it's the first time I do one so there might be things I missed (i.e. Right-click first 2 lines on Custom buttons are generated dinamically and therefore not being recognized for the translation, I'm still exploring some work around)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:43:12 PM by victhor »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
Hi victhor,

This skin has several unique features (I keep stumbling over) and is looking better and better!

I have a couple of questions concerning the remaining and elapsed time display on the top left side. I like that arrangement of time info and have never seen it before. I've noticed that the sum of the remaining and elapsed time is 1 second less than the total track time. Is this a bug or something that's unavoidable? What do you think about showing the time of day instead of "-00:00" (or "00:00") when the player is in stop mode?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2017, 04:01:50 AM »
I have a couple of questions concerning the remaining and elapsed time display on the top left side. I like that arrangement of time info and have never seen it before. I've noticed that the sum of the remaining and elapsed time is 1 second less than the total track time. Is this a bug or something that's unavoidable?
If there is something there, is a Winamp bug of some sort, I just used the predefined params to display times ("time", "timeelapsed" and "songlenght"). Is true that the sum doesn't match up, wonder why no one noticed it before...

What do you think about showing the time of day instead of "-00:00" (or "00:00") when the player is in stop mode?
I considered this during early stages of the skin, but it doesn't match with the idea I have for this skin. Clocks and alarm clocks within a Media player is a feature from old times, nowadays it may be useful under certain scenarios but it doesn't make much sense when there are plenty of clocks and alarms functionality on other applications (including Windows). My idea is that if you're going to use the player for music, then there aren't many chances to actually see the timer stopped. Considering all that, I didn't see fit to use yet another script to include that (there are currently 56 scripts running on this skin!)

PS: I've read about the BPM tag you mention on the PeterK's skin thread and thought it might be worthy to include it as an option for the File info view. I hope it's not too hard.. v_v

masoko

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Love it! Is it possible to apply a custom font?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »
If there is something there, is a Winamp bug of some sort, I just used the predefined params to display times ("time", "timeelapsed" and "songlenght"). Is true that the sum doesn't match up, wonder why no one noticed it before...

Well you know me. I'm one of the few people who actually look for obscure things like this. Don't worry about it (after-all it's only 1 second). The Winamp devs probably didn't know about this bug probably because no one has chosen to display the timing info the way you have. 

PS: I've read about the BPM tag you mention on the PeterK's skin thread and thought it might be worthy to include it as an option for the File info view. I hope it's not too hard.. v_v

I hope you'll be able to add it. It could be another little thing to help this skin stand out from the rest. ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:02:33 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
I hope you'll be able to add it. It could be another little thing to help this skin stand out from the rest. ;)

Done ;) . It's easy actually. So much that now I'll re-add the Publisher tag that I originally replaced with the Comment tag, although no one noticed it missing heh.

@Masoko: Custom font like the option in "Preferences > Skins > Modern skins > Font rendering tab > Use skin font mapper" ? =)

Ricardo_estep

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2017, 12:08:23 AM »
I have tested it using, by moment, Winamp version 5.666 (patched) on x64... And i love it so much.
I use "City Nights Color Skin", and looks pretty awesome with "Windows 10 Dark Skin". I loved support for Spanish Language, too. :)
I would love to have an Option to change "Spectrogram Color" under Song Title... Every option on there, just, left it purple, when everything rest is Orange. xP
I don't really use modded fonts, so i cannot give support about that. But the skin by and large works really great.

Thanks for all of your work and greetings! :)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 12:55:45 AM »
I would love to have an Option to change "Spectrogram Color" under Song Title... Every option on there, just, left it purple, when everything rest is Orange. xP
I don't really use modded fonts, so i cannot give support about that. But the skin by and large works really great.

Gracias che! Such an option would be awesome but I'm afraid the only way -I know- to achieve it would be way too CPU intensive. Your option is to go with the Color editor, but it may be too much to accomplish what you need (this guy is on the same position as you, I guess >> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,228.0.html).

PD: genial avatar, rocanrolll!!! XD (si ya se, es mas Metal en realidad pero es la misma actitud no? jeje)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:58:05 AM by victhor »

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2017, 12:34:01 AM »
Fixed = (Notifier) "Track XXXXXX of XXXXXXX" now is not truncated when displaying large strings (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = (Notifier) Title now is properly displayed (with track time) when displaying long titles (thanks Zackbuffo).

I have two issues.
1) I am still getting truncation in the notifier and hence the title is not properly displayed and I don't have the track time. The track numbers are not truncated but the title of the track playing is. Like it is not wrapping around.
2) I have two monitors and the notifications only appear on the main monitor. I have the notification options set to Bottom Right and I have tried both options under that for Relative to Viewpoint  AND Relative to Monitor and it does the same thing. The other skins will make the notification appear on the second monitor.