Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: SWF to work in WACUP  (Read 1646 times)

fantajuice

• View Profile
SWF to work in WACUP
« on: April 02, 2023, 08:50:12 PM »
How would I go about getting .SWF files to work in WACUP, as they do in Winamp (5.622)?

Thanks in advance.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: SWF to work in WACUP
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 09:17:44 PM »
Short answer is, you don't.
Long answer is, there is no third party plugin that allows either WACUP or Winamp to play Flash files as intended, and with Flash effectively been killed off, it makes no sense to try and play Flash files within Winamp/WACUP.

You could look at Ruffle or BlueMaxima's Flashpoint in getting them to play.
Maker of Plugins, I suppose.
gen_native:
https://github.com/0x5066/gen_native
vis_sdl2:
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampVis
(I know, creative names)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: SWF to work in WACUP
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 09:24:13 PM »
When making a WACUP install the plug-in from 5.666 is not being re-used due to a number of assigned CVE security issues that the plug-in has which I was not happy about & so made the decision to lower feature support. I don't have any current plans to make my own replacement plug-in.

-dro