Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 7583 times)

simx

• View Profile
Feature Requests
« on: October 10, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
I wish to integrate three essentials plugins for playing & singing karaoke
1- The free "MiniLyrics" Plugins
2- A Vocal Removal Plugins
2- A plugins to change the key of played song and save it for next playback

Thanks

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:19:51 AM »
1) MiniLyrics is already available as a plugin.
2+3) are already available as a plugin https://www.surina.net/pacemaker/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:21:17 AM by Dr.Flay »
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

simx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply,
I know about these two plugins but what i meant is to integrate them with setup,
Pacemaker is very slow and not totally free and need to be registered with donation to work in the full mode

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 04:07:49 PM »
Unless I get permission & some means to get those plug-ins tweaked to work better for WACUP then it's got to involve manually installing them.

Also I don't see anything wrong with pacemaker needing a contribution to unlock it as working bon plug-ins, etc takes time & that really should be compensated in some manner.

Other thing is that minilyrics is an external program & plug-in from what I remember which seems to be abandoned now so I don't know if it could somehow be taken on (to make a proper wacup plug-in) or we find a better way to do it that can be kept supported with WACUP.

-dro

King Mustard

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »
Unless I get permission & some means to get those plug-ins tweaked to work better for WACUP then it's got to involve manually installing them.

Also I don't see anything wrong with pacemaker needing a contribution to unlock it as working bon plug-ins, etc takes time & that really should be compensated in some manner.

Other thing is that minilyrics is an external program & plug-in from what I remember which seems to be abandoned now so I don't know if it could somehow be taken on (to make a proper wacup plug-in) or we find a better way to do it that can be kept supported with WACUP.

-dro
Is there any potential update on MiniLyrics integration?

WACUP's built-in Lyrics viewer only appears to display embedded lyrics, as all songs I play show "No lyrics were found."

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 08:00:10 PM »
Nothing has really been done towards it. I've had a brief look at other options for doing online lookups but the TOS are often limiting if I was to do things correctly or it requires a load of additional processing to get it into something that I can use within a non-web based solution. I will get to implement something but it's not a top priority for the moment whilst I'm trying to drop the need to rely on key parts of Winamp for WACUP to run.

-dro

Arthur Bárbaro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 10:48:52 PM »
(I was gonna create a new topic, but since this one's already been resurrected for the same purpose…)
Ok, I was going to inform the same as King Mustard: the WACUP Lyrics plugin (gen_lyrics.dll) isn't showing anything (even for well-known musics by The Beatles, or The Cranberries), while that similar one by lyricsplugin.com (gen_lyricsplugin.dll, downloaded today) is working normally, which leads me to think it's a problem with either its internet access, or with the site the plugin uses. It also very quickly says it hasn't found anything, which makes me more sure of my suspicion.
The plugin works normally if, say, I have an accompanying txt file with the lyrics.

Points of note: I haven't used this plugin before, so I'm not sure if this is a new issue or not. Just thought it'd be good to point here just so it's known this is seemingly happening to more than one person.

I'm not sure how to give better info as I'm not a beta tester, but if there is a way to activate some kind of log file, I'll be happy to give more details.

That's it. Thank you for your great work in this. =]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:49:43 PM by ArthurBarbaro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 11:08:58 PM »
WACUP's gen_lyrics plug-in only works locally using either lyrics metadata or an appropriate local file for now.

Internet search hasn't been implemented as there's no decent / free / nice way I can do it for now that either doesn't typically break the TOS for the service or involves scraping web pages or costs a stupid amount to get access which is why I've not yet progressed it further.

-dro
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 12:57:23 AM by dro »

Arthur Bárbaro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:49:27 PM »
Aaaah, now I see it (and only now I correctly understood your previous answer wherein you said just that, sorry 😅). Thanks for clarifying. =]

Also, I'd like to make a couple minor suggestions (as in minor priority):
- roll back to top the lyrics when the text is updated (right now it stays in the same position, forcing us to manually roll back up each song).
- make hotkeys work normally when the lyrics window is selected (seems like an "easy fix" that turns out to be complex, so... just pointing it out but it's not too relevant).
- maybe remove the "found online" from the plugin description…? (it was the source of my confusion here.)

Thank you. That's all.

(P.S.: Do you feel like this talk should have gone on a separate thread, so that it would be found more easily (by you and others)? I'll gladly create a new one summarizing this conversation if that's the case.)

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 01:41:06 AM »
Adding to this thread as it is directly related:
DrO, I know you were not a big fan of Minilyrics, but for my use case (displaying synchronnized lyrics), it was working really fine.
Unfortunately, it was not supported/updated for a while and the servers now seems to be shut down for good (Crinsoft.com is down as welll as the lyrics server(s)).
I also know it's not top priority on the wishlist but just adding my voice for a replacement solution.
Also, if anyone has any decent alternative for synchronized lyrics, please share your feedback.
Soundhound/Shazam offer synced lyrics but I doubt there is any type of API available.
Cheers,

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 12:54:26 PM »
I wasn't aware that the Minilyrics site had also gone down (though not surprising with how it had been abandoned for sometime). Though doesn't the plug-in still work to display anything local ?

I've done a bit of research into this last week & unsynchronised lyrics seem to be easier to obtain but I've still to code something up (I really need to get a new beta build out as it's been too long) & it's not clear how limited the potential access would be (i.e. if it'd need each user to sign-up & get their own api key instead of trying to use a shared key & hit rate limits).

As both of the lyrics plug-ins seem to be breaking, I'm going to have to prioritise this once I've got the current batch of work I'm trying to finish off done.

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 03:10:31 PM »
Thanks Darren, not surprised either.

Yes I can still use it with local/static LRC files

but other than reading/displaying LRC files, the main benefit of Minilyrics was the fact that it was automatically searching/downloading locally LRC data. (*Synchronized* lyrics) or flat txt files when LRC unavailable.

So even if it was unsupported, it would still find recent lyrics files. Not sure exactly what was the search engine behavior and where it was looking for files but it did work and you could manually search/see/select your preferred version if needed. You could also contribute and edit/upload your own LRC files. Which means there must be some repository on the web, hopefully not Minilyrics proprietary; otherwise some sort of repository would probably be needed.

The format itself ,LRC , is not proprietary and I guess would be the best approach as it was common enough that people were still contributing to the database.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_(file_format)

In a nutshell, what would be needed is:

- Ability to read/display LRC files (Winamp Skinned)
- Automated search engine/repository for LRC files.
- Offset setting.
- Lyrics/timing editor to maintain contributions

Thanks for considering this on the wishlist.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:13:28 PM by etsaman »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »
The lyrics plug-in I ship with WACUP already reads local lrc & then txt files if there's no lrc file found after having first tried to get it from the current file's metadata.

Synchronised support is something I've still to look into. What I offered as start with my plug-in was mostly to make sure that the base of the lrc parser was correct before coming back to it later on to expand out what it's doing.

I suspect both of the plug-ins were using their own database for things. This is where things get messy as even if there is a server to access, I don't really have the rights to access it & I also need to try to do things "right" when it comes to using other services that are out there.

-dro