Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP Scanning bug  (Read 1665 times)

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
WACUP Scanning bug
« on: October 12, 2023, 10:01:28 PM »
Again i'm not sure exactly when this occurs or what triggers it.

BUT a bunch of times, my Wacup seems to restart the full scanning, and it takes forever and really just ends up hanging. I end up having to crash WACUP and that seems to solve it, but no idea yet the steps that trigger it.

Anyone else with this problem?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP Scanning bug
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 10:19:06 PM »
Have you configured anything via the folder monitor prefs page (winamp called it watch folders) ? If that is what's going on, it's not meant to cause working with the library views to lock-up unless your setup / interactions are somehow causing a bug I'm not recognising. Otherwise the processing status can be due to a number of other things from trying to update the current playback count for what's just been played or if editing metadata from a file.

Also if you're forcing it to crash, I don't seem to be getting any crash reports that I assume might be you which makes it harder to resolve this. In such scenarios, Windows task manager can be used to create a dmp file for the process which might then help to determine why it's locked up (the files are large but usually compress well & can be pm'd as a hosted link if viable). If not, preferences -> advanced -> error reporting -> follow the steps to run wacup via procdump & when it crashes, you then need to just start wacup again & that should auto-submit a stripped down crash report (best to notify me if you do that & it fails so I can then check it's been received).

-dro