Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19320 (June 5th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19320 (June 5th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: in_mp3.dll Issue  (Read 4448 times)

Kanzar

• View Profile
in_mp3.dll Issue
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:42:24 PM »
Recently updated to .4130, but I think I recall it happening with the previous public preview. in_mp3.dll doesn't load properly (in input plugins, it shows as "Not Loaded"). It didn't seem to affect me, so I ignored it, until a recently downloaded album just wouldn't add to my library or play when I tried to manually play - it played fine in other media players (VLC, even WMP), so I gathered it was a problem with the input plugin.

I grabbed the in_mp3.dll from the Winamp folder and pasted it into the WACUP folder (the file sizes differed quite significantly, being about 2XXkB vs 1XXkB respectively), and the files imported and played without any issue.

Oddly, other mp3 files played fine, so I'm not sure why specifically these didn't. Any ideas?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: in_mp3.dll Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 04:12:31 PM »
I'm not sure tbh as the in_mp3.dll WACUP will install is the unmodified one from the patched 5.666 installer so is ~264KB in size.

Other than checking the copy in %localappdata%\WACUP\redux_files\Plugins is also correctly sized, I can only assume that somehow it's gotten corrupted but is very odd that it'd just be affecting that one file & not anything else.

-dro
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 04:23:07 PM by dro »