Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Controlling playback speed  (Read 2511 times)

Dimitri001

• View Profile
Controlling playback speed
« on: June 10, 2022, 05:53:22 PM »
It would be great to be able to change playback speed and for this to be controllable by hotkey.

So, ideally, you'd be able to define specific speeds yourself like 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x etc. and then set hotkeys for each of those speeds (so one hotkey for 1x, another for 1.5x etc., rather than hotkeys for increasing or decreasing speed). But there needn't necessarily be an option for you to define specific speeds, if WACUP just offered a few preset options that you can bind to hotkeys, that'd be perfectly fine, too.

This may sound like a strange request so just to explain what this is for, I listen to A LOT of podcasts and it would be great to be able to listen to on 1.5x or 2x speed, but then slow it down with a hotkey when you get to a part of the conversation you want to listen to a bit more carefully.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Controlling playback speed
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 05:55:08 PM »
It's something I've already got in mind, I just haven't gotten around to implementing what's needed. In the meanwhile the pacemaker dsp should do it.

-dro

Dimitri001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 09:28:25 PM »
Good to hear it's in the works, thanks!

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 04:52:18 AM »
Hi Dimitri001,

You can also try the Procrust DSP. Member Koolio has posted some links to it in the General Discussion section.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system