Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: "Sort Playlists by A-Z"  (Read 2301 times)

sunshinefox33

• View Profile
"Sort Playlists by A-Z"
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:35:14 PM »
Hello :) Long time winamp lover, never heard of this WACUP until a few weeks ago, figured I would give it a shot, pretty impressive!

I wanted to post this as feature request, I saw at least one kind of similar thread but I wanted to be fairly specific and add my thoughts. In the 5.8 release that I've been using for a few years now, I had played around with managing playlists and labeling them in different ways. For myself, if there was important playlists I wanted to keep at the top, I would simply add an underscore to the front like this "_PlaylistName" and then right click the Playlist tree and select "Sort Playlists by A-Z" and everything would line up nicely with the underscored playlists going to the top. It seems like the WACUP winamp doesn't have that drop-down selection, or if it has been moved elsewhere, I can not seem to find it.

I'm using the 1.0.21.7236, Mar 10 2021 build

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm referring to in the drop-down menu.

Thanks for listening, this is an awesome project! It runs so much more stable on Windows 10 than the old 5.8 ever did.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: "Sort Playlists by A-Z"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 04:06:59 PM »
In the library playlist root view you can just click on the list column headers to change how the playlists are sorted which felt to be a more sensible way without adding in specific menu items as was quickly hacked into winamp at the time it was done which makes it easier to just sort by any of the values instead of only what is remembered to have been added to such a menu.

-dro