Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Media Library - Ignore 'The' etc in Band names  (Read 4186 times)

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Media Library - Ignore 'The' etc in Band names
« on: April 22, 2020, 04:54:38 PM »
Hi

is it possible to add a setting in the media library so that all band names with the pre-fix "The" can be listed under the band names beginnign with the first name?

At present they all get clumped up under "T". 

I'm sure this was under the original Winamp.

thx in advance. any help is much appreciated.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Media Library - Ignore 'The' etc in Band names
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »
The local library plug-in (ml_local) from 5.666 which is the default at the moment should still be doing that.

If you're using the w.i.p. replacement (ml_ll) then there's an option present for re-enabling that behaviour.

-dro

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »
thx i did the switch now BUT problem it created a new problem.

See media windows below. I used to have a first column which was A-Z so made easy for finding the artist by letter.
BUT the new updated version doesn't have this.

Please see screenshots.

Any chance to add this in?

Thank you very much.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:56:29 PM »
I'd wondered if anyone actually used that option from ml_local which is why I'd not added it the replacement.

Will look into it for a later build though a better choice of name is needed for it.

-dro

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 08:43:18 AM »
thx

I think quite a number of us use it, espeically as some of us have quite a number of albums & artists so A-Z helps.

thx in advance

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
With the replacement having been around for over a year now & you're the first to mention it. it's hard to know how common its usage is (I do what I can to avoid knowing stats & things like that from clients as I don't want to have to deal with the potential legal issues related to all of that). Anyhoo, am welcome on suggestions for what it should be called as my quick set of thoughts last night didn't make much sense.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 11:18:29 PM »
I've added in 'artist index' support for the soon to be released new preview build (still can't think off a better name). If that works ok then I'll look to add some more versions of it (albumartist & genre seem obvious, dunno if any other options might be of use).

Also in-between trying to compare ml_local which kept crashing on me whilst testing out it's mode, I noticed that it was messing up items with "the" as part of them with it's default "the" stripping. This meant the filter totals didn't match to the results shown so I've made ml_ll try to better account for that scenario (is just "The The" that might cause an issue).

-dro

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 12:47:47 PM »
thank you very much both of these pts seem to now be sorted now in your latest April 2020 build.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation 👍

I also didn't realise I'd got things setup on here that users can lock their own threads - will move this to the completed requests sub forum instead.

-dro