Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: URL tag Ideas  (Read 6065 times)

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
URL tag Ideas
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:58:23 AM »
How about using the URL metatag for something ?

eg. right or double click option for the artwork to open the URL if present.
If present, added to the info panel.

If the URL tag contains an RSS link, then use that to populate the info panel.
That way people can add the news feeds from the relevant band site or blog.

When downloading podcasts auto-add the feed URL to the metatag PODCASTURL.
Then when setting up on a fresh system for example, your old podcast collection can be used to repopulate the podcast section.
This could either be a tick box set for use during scanning your media as normal, or as an "Import Podcasts" option. eg. available when you right click on the root Podcast icon
This would help sync things for people that use multiple PCs with an external drive.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: URL tag Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:23:27 PM »
Will come back to this when I've got more general control over how tagging works as the majority of podcast feeds are using formats in the input plug-ins that I've not yet touched (due to them being key parts of how winamp/wacup needs to work for not only tagging of those files but key streaming & other features).

-dro

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:35 PM »
I have yet to come across a non-MP3 podcast, but I get your point.
Better to try something like this when tagging is compliant for the supported formats.
Yeah could be a wise thing indeed.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:33:48 PM »
A fair number of mine are m4a/mp4 (usually so they can have the album art change as the mix plays) so along with the mp3 ones, the plug-ins which currently do the tagging for that either need to be replaced or I just patch out the tag handling as needed (not simple as there's the streaming & other custom aspects from what I remember that I don't want to break without doing more research).

-dro