Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Dynamic Album Art for Discord's Now Playing  (Read 1103 times)

seankda

• View Profile
Dynamic Album Art for Discord's Now Playing
« on: December 20, 2023, 08:05:21 PM »
How big of a lift would it be to update the logo attached to any of the "Show as" options with the current song's actual album art?
I believe the Discord<>Spotify integration currently does this.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Dynamic Album Art for Discord's Now Playing
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 12:59:48 PM »
The Discord<>Spotify integration is specifically implemented on their side as I understand things & isn't a nice way for others to make use of it (e.g. not being able to set "listening to" instead of the hard-coded "playing to" for the overall status).

For other app integrations, there's not a formally defined way to do it when I last looked into it a year ago but there seemed to be some hacks that could possibly achieve it but it requires uploading things from the WACUP client to a server to then host those images & fiddle what WACUP sends on the client update.

Without looking into things again I don't know if anything has actively changed on the Discord api side of things to formalise what can be done or if it's how it was when I last looked.

-dro

seankda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 06:48:15 PM »
Thanks for the insight!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 02:49:37 PM »
Without looking into things again I don't know if anything has actively changed on the Discord api side of things to formalise what can be done or if it's how it was when I last looked.
Nothing has changed on Discord's side afaict but it seems that how some other solutions have attempted to do it is still working. As such a few weeks back I got around to implementing things in a manner that should work without having to rely on a 3rd party hosting site to work which'll be part of what becomes the next preview build in the not so distant future.

-dro