Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Beta  (Read 132761 times)

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
Big Bento Modern Beta
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:02:39 AM »
Here we go...

After so so long, I'm pleased to present you my last skin, Big Bento Modern.

There is so much to say about it -and I suck so much at being clear and concise- that I'm just leaving you with the skin and some notes at the bottom:

The skin is 98% complete, CHECK THE README FILE inside the skin folder for details on what may be missing.

FEATURES HIGHLIGHTS:
* BBB >> Bigger / Better / Beautiful (translates into: High-res friendly / lots of features / modern style) ;)
* File info panel has a much better approach on covers and readability
* Multi-tools panel with highly customizable buttons
* Playlist info with never-seen-before info mix
* Huge, more complete and actually usable Skin settings page
* Cooler EQ tab
* Integrated Lyrics and Youtube video finder (using your favorite web browser of course)
* Translate-friendly setup (spanish Winamp translation included)
* Lots more, just try it.

FINAL RELEASE! 05/2018 (v1.02). Check the new thread here: https://getwacup.com/community/index.php?topic=327.msg2379

BIG UPDATE! 03/11 (v0.93):
Nuevo = (Spanish speakers) El Pack de Idioma en Castellano incluye este skin (archivo WLZ al final de este post). NOTA: Actualmente no funciona con WACUP, pero va a funcionar mas adelante cuando DrO reactive la función (ver aca >> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,212.msg1743.html#msg1743 para mas detalles -en inglés-).
New = Spanish Winamp Language pack (wlz) (use included "wasabi.xml" to translate the skin to your own language). IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently not working on WACUP. It will when DrO reactivates that function (see https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,212.msg1743.html#msg1743 for details).
New = "Skin Tips" (toggable from Skin Settings or through Right Click).
New = Search Playlist animation on click + visual clues to denote functionality (funnier when no results ;) ).
New = Songticker and Times animation on load.
New = Right Click menu on Songticker is way more intuitive and useful (except for the "Send to" menu..).
New = (Playlist Search) Added Escape key trigger + Hover state to the whole area (more intuitive).
New = (Skin settings) Vertical scrollbars appear when needed (EQ tab too).
New = (Skin settings) "About the skin and the skinner" new page.
New = (Skin settings - Notifier) New option to show album or playback controls.
New = (Skin settings - Notifier) New option to hold notification open when mouse is above.
New = (Skin settings - Appearance) Option to set Winamp logo's visibility (Thanks DJPete).
New = (Side Playlist Album art) Added button to hide it (hidden, appears only on hover).
New = Equalizer tab has a little icon indicating if it's on.
New = (Shade) Right click on Switch button minimize Winamp.
Fixed = (Notifier) "Track XXXXXX of XXXXXXX" now is not truncated when displaying large strings (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = (Notifier) Title now is properly displayed (with track time) when displaying long titles (thanks Zackbuffo).
Fixed = (Skin settings) Background rectangles change (and refresh) according to color themes.
Fixed = Display info no longer shows "Next / Previous track" nor "Stop playback" when nothing was playing (thanks Pawel).
Fixed = Custom buttons (formerly "Prog Buttons") only show info over songticker when set, not before (a lot more clean now).
Fixed = Play animation properly returns to 0 when stopped WHILE the animation is playing.
Fixed = "Current Playlist Info" no longer "steals" visible Playlist.
Fixed = Tabs tooltips.
Fixed = When volume is 0, Notifier text color changes to red and returns to yellow if volume is not 0.
Fixed = (EQ settings) Disabling / Enabling Crossfade does changes text color inmediately.
Fixed = "Slap close" (quickly exit -with Winamp maximized- by clicking the far top right corner) fixed.
Fixed = (File info) Background flashes above data while Winamp was docked (thanks Pawel).
Fixed = Bass and Treble thumbs are now centered when refreshing the skin.
Improved = Less chances that File info labels ("Kbps", "hz") end up truncated when using custom fonts (thanks Pawel).
Improved = Added outline to generic windows so it doesn't blend with the player itself.
Improved = "Notifier" references changed to a more standard "Notifications".
Improved = "Show Playlist Tab" is now on "Playlist" settings (makes more sense and clears some space on "Appearance").
Improved = (Skin Settings - Notification) Sub-menu text (colored in purple) changed to actual text objects (99% of the skin's text is not an image now).
+ lots of minor gfx fixes and improvements)

UPDATE 26/09 (v0.92):
- Fixed Tabs area switch missplaced button
- New option inside "Appearance" to set the tabs to icons only (also through Right click)
- Play - pause animation now behaving correctly when stopping the music while on pause.
- New discard animation on Multi-tools message (justadetailbutlooksnice..)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: Just like Bento / Big Bento, this skin works loose in its own folder, so just unzip it inside your skins folder.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:59:06 PM by victhor »

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
Re: Big Bento Modern Beta
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:33:39 AM »
What can I say?
The skin is great! Looks nice. Works nice. Has a lot features :)

Good job!
-Pawel

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:54:10 PM »
Thanks! I'm planning a step by step post detailing features for not-so-advanced users. Specially since some stuff is not that obvious actually.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:07:25 PM »
I've already been blown away by the betas of this skin, but this version is just so damn lovely and it's got to be my modern skin of choice now. Keep finding little things on some of the button actions that are just making me smile and only a few skins have done that for me before :)

Knowing how long this skin has been worked on, you can tell it's been made out of deep passion to achieve what's wanted and to do it right. That imho is the mark of a great Winamp skin and I believe that is how to view this skin, it's great!

-dro
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:10:44 PM by dro »

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »
Thanks Darren for those heartfelt words, it was indeed a lot of hard work and some inspiration to help when willing was failing. I also don't want to forget how much work was put into the original skin too, Martin, Benski and Taber Buhl did an awesome job preparing the entire setup for all kind of scenarios, blending the skinning engine beyond imaginable (partly expected since the skin was done while having access to the dev team), which can only be appreciated when messing around with the skin files and scripts. It is an incredible job over which I could work and take it further.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »
By the way, if anyone is getting this on Windows 10 please let me now:

Is not expected of course, that's the tab toggle missbehaving. When tabs area is open, it should look like this:

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:22:21 PM »
I'm seeing that oddity, just hadn't tested on a non-WACUP install to see if it was also on there before reporting.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:34 PM »
Damn.. that's the skinning engine not being prepared for something on Windows 10.. there is a fix for that, but I was expecting to avoid it heh..

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 11:35:26 PM »
Welcome to my world :)  Lemme know if there's anything you need me to try out.
Plus it's a relief it's not a WACUP specific issue unlike we had with the Invicta skin.

-dro

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 01:09:21 AM »
I'm getting that line in the menu.  Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Windows Classic Theme. 

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 02:02:08 AM »
I hate to say me too, but me too on Window 10 Home 64bit!  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:03:40 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »
The more I play around with it, the more I'm liking it.  It might even become my default one as I've always gone back to the Bento (not big) skin after everything else.  Great work!

Pawel

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Pawel Porwisz
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 08:37:19 AM »
I also see those lines. Windows 10 Pro x64 with Wacup.
I think, I will report more bugs... testing in progress...
-Pawel

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
D'oh! I thought it was limited to Win10 only. It's a very annoying bug so I'm putting it to the top of my list now. Thanks for the reports!

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »
Awesome skin! I wish I had one of those monitors that could really make use of the size! Luckily Christmas is coming up.

One thing that I have found that is easy to report is that the number 2 is missing from the Color Themes menu.

A setting that I am trying to find is to collapse the tabs to just the icons. (I saw it in another screen shot that you posted and you might not have implemented that feature in this beta version.)

I also have the line that you reported.

Thank you for all of the hard work. This is really really nice!

[EDIT]
I answered a couple of my own questions. I clicked on that bar that is in the wrong place and it switched places to the right of the tabs text. Then once I did that, the info bubble started to appear and I saw that it was the show/hide tab's text message. So clicking that allowed me to collapse the tabs to just the icons and now the bar stays in the right place it seems.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:10:25 PM by Juanus »