Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Album Art v1.13 (gen_classicart.dll) Configuration Options  (Read 1976 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Album Art v1.13 (gen_classicart.dll) Configuration Options
« on: July 05, 2021, 07:03:46 PM »
1. What does the "Auto-hide" option supposed to do? I don't see a behavior difference when it is enabled or disabled. I leave it disabled.

2. What does the  "Show album art for selected playlist item"  option supposed to do when disabled? I don't see a behavior difference when it is disabled. I leave it enabled.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Album Art v1.13 (gen_classicart.dll) Configuration Options
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 02:42:11 PM »
1) Your guess is as good as mine as the source code doesn't make complete sense with relation to it's internal usage. Best guess is that it might have been to hide the window if there's no artwork available. I might as well just remove that from the code as it also seems to be causing a lock-up if clicking on a playlist entry without metadata & the way that artwork works means a default image is typically going to be given to avoid other issues.

2) If an item is selected in the main playlist editor then it'll show it otherwise it'll show what's relevant to the currently playing item. When disabled it just shows what's available for the currently playing item (the lyrics plug-in follows the same logic). I can't get that to not work as expected & is something I rely quite heavily on. The only thing that does need tweaking is it doesn't live update things when a selection is removed & it should then go back to showing the current playing item information.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Album Art v1.13 (gen_classicart.dll) Configuration Options
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 12:41:26 AM »

2) If an item is selected in the main playlist editor then it'll show it otherwise it'll show what's relevant to the currently playing item. When disabled it just shows what's available for the currently playing item (the lyrics plug-in follows the same logic). ...

-dro

That makes sense. All the songs in my collection have embedded or folder artwork associated with them which is why I didn't see a change when disabling this option. Adding artwork is part of the vetting process I go thru before adding songs to my permanent collection. I temporarily removed the embedded image from a mp3 and the image I have selected to be shown when no artwork is available was shown when this option is enabled or disabled. In any case, leaving this option enabled is probably what would be best for me.

By the way, using the Alt+3 editor in WACUP sometimes doesn't embed artwork in my mp3 files. In these cases I use the ALT+3 editor in Winamp supported with thinktink's plug-in (which is the only thing I use Winamp for these days  :) ).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 01:15:13 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system