Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Quinto Black CT  (Read 12509 times)

ariszlo

• View Profile
Quinto Black CT
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:45 PM »
PeterK. released Quinto Black CT v2.7 at Winaero.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Re: Quinto Black CT
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:11:57 AM »
'Hide' light reflection on side panel non-function for playlist editor and spectrum analyzer.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:30:34 AM »
Album Art missing from Main Menu

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
I doubt the author of Quinto Black CT is reading this forum but there is an official thread of Quinto Black CT here.

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
I doubt the author of Quinto Black CT is reading this forum but there is an official thread of Quinto Black CT here.
Thank you. I suppose your response means the issue cannot be resolved by anyone here. Very well, I will post at the link you have provided.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 05:39:50 PM »
Primarily it's down to PeterK unless it's just not knowing about the setting(s) needing to be changed to achieve the desired result (the skin can do so much that it's often hard to find / know what might need to be changed). Though I've only just become aware of the following re: quinto black skin updates - "the future of the skin now depends on Radionomy and what they are going to do with Winamp" so not sure how likely a resolution will be but as you've posted in that other thread then that's the best option you've got.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 06:12:50 PM »
How do I change the color of the text in the playlist editor?

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:24 PM »
There is no such user option in Quinto. To achieve that you need to redesign the skin (and since you must respect the copyright you may only do so for your own use).

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
Wouldn't say you need to redesign the skin as a custom colour theme could work as an easy(ish) option or like you note making a custom edit for the default values/colour theme for personal usage. The 3rd option which needs some dev work / time would actually involve providing a skin engine override though its trickier to do it for modern skins vs classic skins & would then fall into a grey area of not actually altering the skin being used whilst altering the end display of the skin.

And there's a v2.8 of the skin now available -> https://winaero.com/blog/quinto-black-ct-v2-8-for-winamp-adds-cool-speakers/

-dro
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:16:14 PM by dro »

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 10:32:46 PM »
Yes, redesign was an exaggeration. It only requires editing system-colors.xml and gammasets.xml but I did not want to go into details because MourningStar wrote earlier that editing a skin was out of his league.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
We all have to learn at some point & compared to some of the points in that other thread, editing xml files isn't that complicated compared to trying to replace what plug-ins, etc are actually doing ;)

-dro