Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Winamp New Concept 2018 - Classic Skin  (Read 10974 times)

niwrad

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Winamp New Concept 2018 - Classic Skin
« on: October 15, 2018, 04:11:57 AM »
Hi, i published my new classic skin for WA and WACUP.

Include:
- Winamp-NewConcept.wsz
- Winamp-ES-NewConcept.wsz
- WACUP-NewConcept.wsz
- WACUP-ES-NewConcept.wsz

I await your comments...

odevmx

• View Profile
Re: Winamp New Concept 2018 - Classic Skin
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Hello, I think it's great, I think Winamp in his re-release should have an improvement in the classic interface as your work!!!

My new favorite skin, I just change the color to the fonts of the playlist like the original.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:35:11 PM by odevmx »

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »
Windows 10 style.Very nice.
My problem with everyone gong down this flat window route, is that I can't tell where my windows are overlapping anymore and I keep clicking on the wrong grab bar etc.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

garetjax

• suck it
    • View Profile
    • 1001Skins
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »
Agreed, it is nice...though, the flat route of design lends itself to not knowing where the separation is between functional windows. 

My thoughts, are that the buttons are not symmetrical and/or sized the same across the entire skin.
- The colors are pleasing yet, also not in line with the original base skin in all things (text for example should be green).
- The triple lines on each title-bar are detracting from the design and overall seem to deviate from the flat nature of the rest of the design.
- The actions of the buttons are limited and do not reflect a pleasing state change as one would expect.
- Multi-state playlist buttons should be adaptive to the skin and improve/utilize the overall design of your skins buttons.  They seem to be simplistic and not thought out very well.

Overall a great design. 4 out 5 stars.
Owner 1001skins.com | Developer WMC/WCL

Koolio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 11:11:00 PM »
I'm not going to say it's nice.. its everything I despise about this 'modern' flat crap gui design that is going on.. taking the classic skin and regressing it back to what it might probably might aswel have looked like after a 30mins in photoshop, before the author then spent hours/days on working on the final design with gradients and bevels to give it more style and sense of lighting/shadow and sense of distinction between various player elements. Like buttons that actually look like pressable buttons and not just bits of random floating f-ing text bits all over the place. 

Would gladly fire all so called 'gui' designers for doing this sort of design.... gradients work, borders work, subtle bevels work, color pallets consisting of more than 3 primary colors work.  ..its not hard, it just takes actual improving on skill.

yeah basically modern design is shit and lazy uninspired slop that you could get a child to make with some basic training in drawing shapes in any paint program.

but I get it.. your OS (ie winblows 8/10 /chrome garbage etc) has decided that cheap dumb downed interfaces are easier to do for scaling dpi's and various screen resolutions and increasingly dumb sheep like population.. and so you're just trying to make things fit into this ugly interface world. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:16:25 PM by Koolio »