Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Milkdrop preset fixes  (Read 3645 times)

Rovastar2

• View Profile
Milkdrop preset fixes
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:37:27 AM »
Hi,

Hardly thought about Winamp in ages but got a new machine and now downloaded this the active version of Winamp for the first time.
I took a trip down memory lane and looked a MilkDrop that I haven't done anything for it for (checks winamp forums) over 12 and half years. And about 10 years for any serious visualization.

I noticed there were some broken presets were included. I have no idea how long they have been broken it could have been a decade or more or maybe it was just for this project. I guessed some update broken them sometime in the past.

As some of the presets were mine, I felt a bit saddened by this and looked to try and fix them.
Anyway I looked at the code and through trial and error managed to fix them by add a couple of sets of parentheses so probably the ordering broke or something.
So I have included them here so you can add them to the install and removed them from the broken folder.

Keep up the good work Darren and I chipped in with a donation for what it is worth.

PS for some reason when I registered first with my hotmail account the confirmation didn't come through at all...hence had to create anotehr account

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Milkdrop preset fixes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:58 AM »
Firstly thank you, is much appreciated!

With the forum account, hotmail seems to be blocking the registration details as you're the second I've seen it stuck on the awaiting activation stage. I can change the forum name / force account activation if you'd prefer.

Will put the updated presets in the install bundle :)  It might have been related to shader model support changes over time that things changed as we found when getting shader model 3 working ok between AMD & nVidia that one was more strict in how the code is interpreted which is likely the reason.

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: Milkdrop preset fixes
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 05:36:13 AM »
Glad to see you back with the the media player you deserve Rovastar, and I hope we will see more presets from you.
You should come and lurk in the discord where new presets are available before inclusion.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra