Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Playback Question  (Read 338 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
Playback Question
« on: April 05, 2024, 02:45:57 AM »
Main Menu > Play > Folder

I select a folder, clik OK - folder loads and 1st track begins to play. Forget where I set it so it does not begin to play (until I decide to clik the player's 'play' button). Desire same with play a file. -thx
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 02:47:02 AM by MourningStar »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Playback Question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 04:18:54 AM »
Main Menu > Play > Folder

I select a folder, clik OK - folder loads and 1st track begins to play. Forget where I set it so it does not begin to play (until I decide to clik the player's 'play' button). Desire same with play a file. -thx
OK - I now realize this post should be in the 'General' forum. Also, I have been looking extensively in Main Menu > Options > Preferences and still no joy. Perhaps there is no utility/settings for this. If so, I request the admin to move this topic to the 'Wishlist/Feature Requests' forum.

-thank you

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 11:54:18 AM »
That action hasn't had any control over the behaviour used nor has WACUP's handling of it changed in a long time so here's what is coded.

If you use the action from the right-click menu or the open action in the main window then it treats it as a play action which'll clear the existing playlist & start playing be it the first item or the first one in the generated shuffle table. That's also why those actions are named / placed where they are.

If you use the add folder option from the playlist editor then that will treat it as an enqueue event & won't change what's playing.

Maybe that menu block could be changed to follow the media library default action (play/enqueue/enqueue & play) with it updating the text for the root of the menu item to then have it contextually be correct.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 09:03:16 PM »
Awesome - your reply has resolved this and a previous issue. The previous one being unable to select multiple folders via the r-clik menu. I am ok to add them one at a time, and has the added benefit of adding from different locations.

-thank you!