Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Windows 11 screen doesn't turn off.  (Read 288 times)

gulbis37

• View Profile
Windows 11 screen doesn't turn off.
« on: April 02, 2024, 09:42:14 AM »
WACUP 1.9.20.17040 .   DSP/ Effect v 2.5.2 .  I  broadcast my internet radio and usually I put in laptop option that screen turn off after 1. minute . It happened when I used Winamp but it doesn't happen when WACUP in use. Could it be DSP plugin issue which keeps screen awake, please? Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 09:47:34 AM by gulbis37 »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Windows 11 screen doesn't turn off.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 10:20:27 AM »
Preferences -> Playback -> Playback tab -> uncheck "Use system keep-alive (default: on)"

That's enabled by default as there's numerous setups where the device / monitor needs to be kept on for the audio to be heard (e.g. due to integrated speakers) but in your instance it's not going to be helpful hence the option.

-dro

gulbis37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 10:54:43 AM »
Preferences -> Playback -> Playback tab -> uncheck "Use system keep-alive (default: on)"

That's enabled by default as there's numerous setups where the device / monitor needs to be kept on for the audio to be heard (e.g. due to integrated speakers) but in your instance it's not going to be helpful hence the option.

-dro
It works,screen turned off and everything still sounds. Thank you very much,it was very annoying to keep screen on at nighttime.

gulbis37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 08:31:22 AM »

-dro
It works,screen turned off and everything still sounds. Thank you very much,it was very annoying to keep screen on at nighttime. P.S. I want to be honest -dro was right - it doesn't work and WACUP stream DSP switch off if screen turns off BUT!  I installed Shoutcast DSP plugin and it works!!! So happy anyway,thanks for your efforts!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 10:44:55 AM »
Using either of the DSP plug-ins shouldn't make a difference to the behaviour about staying awake or not as it's the playback state which determines things & not the DSP which is just part of the input -> output chain going on.

-dro