Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How can I properly sort and arrange playlists?  (Read 1422 times)

Horizon

• View Profile
How can I properly sort and arrange playlists?
« on: July 12, 2022, 08:58:14 PM »
Hello everyone, first off, I wanna thank the creators of this project very much. I am still pretty green when it comes to using Wacup, but I already love all the customizations you can use and so far it is really fun to use - well, except for one thing: Playlists!

I created one playlist, and I tried everything and pressed every button but I still do not get how I can make proper use of it. As you see in the image I attached, I have one playlist for music and soundtracks from the anime Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I like to sort things, so I wanted to have the songs in somewhat chronological order (intro - ost - outro for each part). But how can I display all the songs in the playlist? Whatever I do, it just displays the Playlist name and not the actual content in my library. And can I shuffle the songs around and sort them however I see fit instead of having to sort them by name etc.? Because there are some songs that I want to add and squeeze inbetween, but I have no idea how.  :(

Big thanks in advance,
Horizon

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How can I properly sort and arrange playlists?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
I think you're experiencing an issue with the preview build when there's only one playlist. If you click anywhere in the list to deselect the playlist then select it again it should then give you the expected view. Or make a dummy second playlist. This is the fun of preview builds where things might not be right but is afaict fully resolved within the betas so when one of them gets designated as the next preview build it should work.

-dro

Horizon

• View Profile
Re: How can I properly sort and arrange playlists?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 12:39:27 PM »
The dummy playlist helped! Now I can at least see the songs in the library properly! Thank you!