Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Lock process volume level changing at 100%  (Read 1272 times)

Phuntso

• View Profile
Lock process volume level changing at 100%
« on: October 27, 2023, 05:19:01 PM »
Sometimes when I start playing a MID file after playing some other format the process volume level is set to 14% (and it's always set to 14% specifically btw). Which enrages me as I have to open up the Windows' Volume Mixer and play with levels, which gets very messy.

It is set back to 14% after next MID file starts, so I have to close WACUP after I've set to 100% before playing the next MID file to make 'that something' remember the new level...

So thank you a lot for implementing that feature separately into WACUP so now I can simply open the Volume tab and drag the slider back into its place. :)

But I am wondering, if you could implement some sort of option that prohibits plugins from setting WACUP's volume level, or something general that keep it at 100% at all times?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Lock process volume level changing at 100%
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 05:51:22 PM »
The re-used in_midi plug-in from the 5.666 install has a preference option that is meant to allow for disabling volume control which might do what you're wanting assuming the volume resetting issue isn't down to the midi device being used.

-dro

Phuntso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 06:48:58 PM »
Hmm, so I should try setting plug-in's Device Volume Control to None?
Alright thanks, will try and observe behavior.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 10:19:57 PM »
That's the only option I can really suggest unless someone else knows of a different midi plug-in that can be used.

-dro