Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Classic skins don't remember their location anymore  (Read 3371 times)

Yuurei

• View Profile
Classic skins don't remember their location anymore
« on: May 22, 2021, 11:08:53 PM »
Hello, my setup is a personalized classic skin on my secondary monitor and as the title says, ever since an update rolled out sometime around the beginning of 2021 or late 2020, the main and playlist windows default to my main monitor instead of secondary.

Workaround was to revert to 1.0.13.5864 from July 23rd, 2020 (latest version without the bug), but I'd like to get updates and still be able to use my skin.

If there's some other workaround for getting the windows to stick to their positions in new versions, that'd also be appreciated.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Classic skins don't remember their location anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 11:28:35 PM »
Did you by chance untick Video support from the installer?
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 12:38:30 AM »
Is the second monitor to the left of the main monitor ? If so then it's already fixed for the eventual next build. If not then I need more information on how the monitors are arranged according to Windows please.

-dro

Yuurei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 06:57:29 AM »
Is the second monitor to the left of the main monitor ? If so then it's already fixed for the eventual next build. If not then I need more information on how the monitors are arranged according to Windows please.

-dro

Hello again.
My second monitor is indeed on the left.
Glad to know it's already addressed and also sorry that it took so long to report... probably should've done it way earlier.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:59:10 AM by Yuurei »

Yuurei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 07:03:46 AM »
Did you by chance untick Video support from the installer?
I did not. Video support is working just fine.
seems like the issue is fixed, tho', so that's that.

But I'm curious about your question. Does disabling video support mess stuff up? I don't really use the video support too much and have been thinking about disabling it.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 03:43:08 PM »
The video handling issue being mentioned is an issue with how the classic skin window snapping is handled & is due to a check that was missing (from what I've just tested & fixed). As I wasn't correctly checking for the video not being present at one point which would mess-up some of the subsequent checks being done. Main thing is that both of the issues should now be resolved for the next build :)

-dro

Yuurei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 01:45:45 AM »
Nice. Thanks for being so helpful with all this ( ^ - ^).
Also, I guess I might mention it as well, but it just came to mind that the visualizer window has always exhibited the same behavior for me.
I don't use it much anymore, so it slipped my mind, but I remember having to make at least a small part of it go into my main monitor so that its position didn't get reset every time the window was opened.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 03:35:53 AM »
It can depend on the visualisation as to how it places it's window e.g. milkdrop in windowed mode has some checks in place to stay on the monitor otherwise things can get a bit odd with the output in some setups though the wacup build of the plug-in is meant to be more sensible compared to the plain Winamp version.

-dro