Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP Crashes Always Now  (Read 5827 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
WACUP Crashes Always Now
« on: February 14, 2021, 01:48:09 AM »
unknown what I did. perhaps I play folders that are too large and/or too many sub-folders, maybe media library can't handle, maybe maybe maybe ...

Starts fine. Clik on file or folder to play and immediate crash dialog. It appears to either/both generate and send a crash report. Tried a re-install on top, no luck. I would do a clean install but don't want to lose all customizations (resized modules, bookmarks, plugins, etc.). in future is there a wacup-only backup to save this stuff if a clean install is necessary?

help,
 -thx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 01:49:32 AM by MourningStar »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP Crashes Always Now
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 01:58:08 AM »
Your history database is corrupted & that's causing the issue (there's handling already in the newer builds to contend with this issue).

Go into the WACUP settings folder & remove the recent.dat & recent.idx files.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 02:25:53 AM »
thank you, that worked.

a side-effect of this is that it wiped out the entire media library history. I asked how to do this in another topic and got no response. live & learn ey?

anyways, i'm groovin; now, thx Darren!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 02:27:23 AM »
What other thread are you referring to ?

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 02:36:24 AM »
What other thread are you referring to ?
I cannot seem to locate it now. Maybe it was in a thread that you moved into a forum I have no access to or maybe i deleted the post. anyways, it's not important now.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 05:28:19 PM »
Anything that you'd posted as a beta tester will likely still be around but it's the way the forum permissions work so by not having access to that set of sub-forums any more prevents you from seeing them despite having made them. As long as you're "groovin" then that's the main thing :)

-dro