Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Minor GUI installation bug in #6840  (Read 4417 times)

Mits

• View Profile
Minor GUI installation bug in #6840
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:30:14 AM »
Not a biggy, but existed on #6000 too. After a fresh portable install, the initial Wacup window for Lyrics overlaps the one for Album Art, so when you close or move Lyrics, the AlbumArt magically appears under it. This may cause some frustration for users trying to activate the AlbumArt window in vain. Perhaps the non-portable edition also exhibits the same behaviour.

By the way, it would be very nice if the Album Art window first appeared as a square one, to avoid having to resize it manually, since it's rather difficult to set it to an exact 1:1 aspect ratio (a visual indication for that would be nice). Hopefully in build #142857  :)

EDIT: Where are my manners? Happy musical new year to all developers, testers and users!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:31:22 AM by Mits »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Minor GUI installation bug in #6840
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:50:34 AM »
Happy New Year!

Which classic skin are you using? It's been my experience for years with Winamp and now with WACUP that the first time I use a classic or modern skin with multiple windows, some of them will overlap. Once I open everything possible, then reposition and resize things, they remain were I put them when closing and reopening things (even after shutting down and restarting the app). I assumed this was normal since people have different size monitors and will want to arrange things differently.

It has also been my experience with all the multiple window skins I've tried to have at least 1 window in the skin that is hard to resize so that it can be easily matched with the other windows in the skin. With modern skins, I sometime have to use the custom scaling option on a window first (plus or minus a few % of 100) before manually resizing it to get the best fit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:26:20 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Mits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 02:46:27 PM »
Happy new year, Aminifu!

I am using the one and only skin that gets installed by default. To my knowledge, there is no option to alter the skin before or during installation, so your question does not apply. Btw I think this is the perfect skin and I never used anything else. In Preferences it's called Winamp Classic and has Skin Information "WACUP v1.0.18.6840"

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 05:34:01 PM »
The pains of default layouts & window positions which don't apply depending on the skin & what plug-ins have been installed. Getting modern skins to have a nice default location is also a pain & I'd probably have to just provide a pre-created studio.xnf for them or look into changing the skin files.

I've attached what I think might be close enough to what's being suggested whilst keeping things in a manageable initial state (I probably need to make it a bit squarer which would also help with the lyrics window being a bit squished). Additionally disabling smooth resizing on the classic skin preferences page makes it easier to get square snapping - WACUP uses smooth resizing by default for classic skins as it's something I personally prefer.

There is an option to choose what skin to install if it's the first install & modern skin support & related skins is also selected for which a choice of 5 skins will be offered up. If there aren't any modern skins then it'll just load the classic base skin.

-dro
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:34:51 PM by dro »