Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: in_opus plugin conflict  (Read 5255 times)

zerla

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
in_opus plugin conflict
« on: March 09, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
Hello,

I'm fairly new to wacup, but a winamp user since the very beginning. I noticed a problem with the combination of internet radio streams and the opus plugin.

I listen to .opus encoded files a lot. Also many youtube videos have audio tracks directly in .opus format. not the .ogg container format. Winamp 5.6x didn't support .opus out of the box. Luckily there was a plugin made for that.
the awesome in_opus.dll by Ramos_unchained found here:
http://forums.shoutcast.com/showpost.php?s=4251d90a409fc0d6b26e43e6ddd675e0&p=3182097&postcount=12

Using this in_opus.dll plugin in WACUP is actually working out of the box. I can play my .opus files without problem. But I then noticed a problem in another place that occurs only when this plugin is loaded.

if in_opus.dll is loaded, WACUP won't play ANY radio streams I click in the "MEDIA LIBRARY" / "INTERNET RADIO" selection.

When I disable the in_opus.dll, all the internet radio streams are loading as expected, so it has clearly somethign to do with the plugin, or with wacup handling this plugin - i don't know.

any ideas for fixes?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:22:43 AM by zerla »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: in_opus plugin conflict
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 02:40:18 AM »
From a quick try of the plug-in, it appears that it's saying it handles any http:// url which due to how things are queried it prevents in_mp3 (which handles most streams) from ever having an attempt to try & play the stream.

I'll need to try & contact the plug-in dev to hopefully correct that issue since it's not a WACUP specific issue though might be something that has been missed by the plug-in dev during testing &/or Winamp 2.x isn't working quite like 5.666 did (as WACUP tries to emulate).

I will however look into what I can do from within WACUP to try to avoid this sort of issue as I've seen it with some other plug-ins though I was able to directly patch those when found.

-dro

Twilightseer

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »
Hi

I use OPUS a lot too and when I looked for a way of playing such files in Winamp, I came across this OPUS input plug-in => http://bogproghome.hopto.org/downloadwinampopus.html

Works fine with local files and streams, and I just tested Internet Radio streams from Winamp's ML: non-opus streams play just fine.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
The plug-in that was causing the issue has since been updated to resolve the issue it was causing which along with the in-WACUP changes should prevent such problems going forward.

-dro