Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] Title fetching on playlist on ZIP file  (Read 5671 times)

limbo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
[FIXED] Title fetching on playlist on ZIP file
« on: September 14, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »
Running WACUP 1.06.4220 Sep 13 2019
When a zip file is loaded on the playlist editor the list is populated with the filenames contained on the zip file but there is no indication for the track length.
When I double click on any of the tracks to play it the time is displayed but the track name is replaced by the zip file name. This also happens when player switches to next track (by using Next - Previous controls) or when it advanced o next track after track end.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:32:03 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Title fetching on playlist on ZIP file
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »
I'd not intentionally done anything to alter how in_zip works so I'll look into this shortly.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
I've can replicate the issue as well as it causing a hang / crash on closing if anything from an archive has been played. This should be the final issue against the build 4220 release to get fixed before a newer build is released (hopefully it's not going to take me too long).

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
I've now got titles to appear correctly again on playback & have also after a few hours of pain got RAR support working again (still not sure why unrar.dll doesn't want to decode any of my valid test archives but it's been worked around so it'll behave - RAR support is a bit of a mess so I'll need to do more on that later).

Populating the titles & times of the playlist entries when the archive is first added hasn't been a supported mode of the plug-in as there's a number of performance issues related to it (especially with some of the test archives I've used over the years) & so it waits until playback is attempted instead of trying to manage multiple metadata requests & the temporary copy of the file that needs to be extracted to be able to get the metadata.

-dro

limbo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: [CHANGES MADE] Title fetching on playlist on ZIP file
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:22:18 PM »
You Rock!
Testing the Sep 16 Release and I can see that you have done serious improvements!
Reading the forum posts I can understand that was not a simple fix.
Thank you for your efforts.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [FIXED] Title fetching on playlist on ZIP file
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 08:34:46 PM »
Main thing is that things are closer to where they should be & that overall we're going in the right direction with the builds :)

-dro