Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: AAAh bloody .cue files..  (Read 2183 times)

Koolio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
AAAh bloody .cue files..
« on: June 09, 2022, 02:26:04 PM »
Can you please add an option to disable .cue files from being indexed and used the playlist window if you drag and drop folders.. containing.. .cue flies.. the damn thing starts adding the same mp3 files again from the cue... and its not like wacup useless playlist even bothers to split cue files into actual useful sections like mp3directcut does.. so its become a damn annoying if I just want to add a bunch of folders into the playlist without derp amp indexing the containing cue files.. I just want the audio files..

It's fine when you index folders in wacup media library and it doesn't even bother with cue files.. but it would be great if there were an option to have the playlist not include them in cases where you drop a folder into the playlist.. it would be nice if it were smart enough to not bother adding the cue file.. as the mp3 will already be in that folder... and smart enough if that if you  dran and drop just a cue file then it will add it as it seems like the intention.. but it is absoltely not the intention when drag and dropping a folder(s)

i hope this makes sense.. its damn annoying.. especially as I said winamp never bothered taking a cue file and splitting it into individual tracks in the playlist...

sorry quick rant feature request.. been annoying me for damn ages.

wish the wacup playlist would start getting some major improvements anyway.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: AAAh bloody .cue files..
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »
calling it "derp amp" is not the way to get taken seriously with requests. "only add what's supported" would have been the far nicer way to convey the same request without fucking pissing me off!

Koolio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 04:42:57 PM »
fair enough :)

Koolio

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 12:36:02 AM »
Could also be just audio... cus video is supported and I never want video files in winamp media library or playlist really.. unless the drag/drop was selection was video(s) files..