Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Where to find "Search in Playlist" function?  (Read 2360 times)

Impaler

• View Profile
Where to find "Search in Playlist" function?
« on: December 19, 2022, 12:36:09 PM »
Hi guys, just found out about this project and immediately upgraded! I love everything I see so far.

However I got a question. Is there a way to add this Search playlist thingy and set a bigger playlist padding. I give side-by-side comparison of what I want.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Where to find "Search in Playlist" function?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 02:17:29 PM »
The in-playlist search field is a skin specific thing & isn't something that the WACUP copy of the Winamp Modern skin implements. The intent is to implement something that works irrespective of the skin but isn't high priority for now when the jump to file dialog exists (which I get isn't as convenient as an inlined search field vs having to have another window open).

With the padding request, there isn't a way to add that & tbh it's probably not something I'd try to implement as imho it's better to have the playlist items use the whole space of the window area that they fill unless there's some specific reason for needing the padding? As I'm not remembering it allowing for anything special like a way to quickly deselect the item(s), etc.

Sorry if that all comes across as somewhat negative.

-dro

Impaler

• View Profile
Re: Where to find "Search in Playlist" function?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 03:45:20 PM »
Thanks for answering all my questions that quick.

I understand your position completely. hope one day this quick search makes its way to the core of the player.

padding is just a small detail that I can live without, lol :D

Thanks for keeping up the good 'ol WinAmp breathing!