Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Feature Request: Sort by Length  (Read 7171 times)

Yntec

• View Profile
Feature Request: Sort by Length
« on: July 26, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
The Playlist window shows a number to the very right that shows the song's length, however, there's no way to sort songs by this number.

The only way to do this is to, in the media library, sort by length, and then queue items into the playlist. However, this is undone as soon as one sorts by title or filename, without a way to sort items in the order they were added to the playlist.

There are plugins that do this, however, those plugins are very slow, specially for a playlist of +30000 items, and while they're sorting the playlist, no new songs will play. We'd need a solution as fast as sorting by title/filename/path.

What works is using Advanced Title Formatting to add the song's length before the title of all the songs, then they're sorted by Length fast when sorting by title (this is currently what I'm doing). However, after doing this, there's no way to sort the songs by title, because the Length is on the way, so sorting by title is sacrificed to do this.

It'd be cool to have a feature that adds "Sort by Length" in the Playlist Editor, alongside Title, Filename, and Path.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:19:04 AM by Yntec »