Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED] Playlist stuff  (Read 7376 times)

Denver_80211

• View Profile
[PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED] Playlist stuff
« on: November 17, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »
Hey all,
First, it's so refreshing to find pockets of hope for winamp out there.  I still love it so!

I just accidentally added a duplicate item to a massive playlist and rather than remove it, I mistakenly hit "crop playlist" and lost everything.  Fortunately I have a backup from months back but still a huge loss. 
SO, my wish is for better playlist backup/recovery/management options

1. Auto playlist backup to file (I can specify how often and where it's saved)
2. Undo would be nice for any edit function in a playlist (add/remove/CROP/etc)
3. merge playlist would be great (bring a copy from home to work and only import changes) -This might be tricky for some since I'm taking it for granted that my library is coming from the same path structure in both locations (m:\music...)
4. Merge and remove duplicates might be easier -where duplicates are defined by artist/album/track metadata match perhaps?
5. Kinda out there: if I'm listening to a playlist and then listen to something else, I sure wish winamp could remember what I was listening to in the playlist when I return so it doesn't duplicate played tracks again.
6.  Way out there: when i click send to: playlist, sure would be nifty it winamp said "you sure? it's already in there"

I'll think of more... wish I could dev plugins in c#.  I know nothing of c++
Fred

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:42:48 PM by dro »

nimd4

• View Profile
Re: Playlist stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:46:23 AM »
First, it's so refreshing to find pockets of hope for winamp out there.  I still love it so!

Yess!! & way too tired to read the rest; promise to catch-up l8r. Nice one, WinAMP FTW !! :) :)

Petrž

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
There is already a good plugin for playlist undo actually :)
https://winampplugins.co.uk/plu.html

But I would really like to enqueue songs from Media Library into playlist right after currently playing song.
I think there is only option to enqueue songs at the end of the playlist, I didn't find any plugins or something to do this thing....
User Experience Master

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 04:41:24 AM »
There is already a good plugin for playlist undo actually :)
https://winampplugins.co.uk/plu.html
Not sure if you've realised but that plug-in is also by me and although it was too late for when this thread was started, it's since been updated to work with 5.66x and bundled into WACUP (a standalone 'fixed' version of the plug-in is not available).

But I would really like to enqueue songs from Media Library into playlist right after currently playing song.
I think there is only option to enqueue songs at the end of the playlist, I didn't find any plugins or something to do this thing....
The option for doing that is already present as long as you've got the latest JTFE plug-in installed. If you go to preferences -> Jump to file -> ML Options (is a child node) (*) and then turn that on (like in the image below) it adds a number of options including a 'move after current playlist item' onto the send-to menu.

Ideally I wanted that option to be on by default but for a cleaner experience I was asked to have it disabled by default by the management at AOL at the time. Though now you've reminded me of this, I'll have to make a decision on if I keep to that or not as part of the WACUP builds :)

-dro

(*) If using a WACUP beta build newer than #1430 then it's instead a tab on the 'Jump to file' node instead of it's own sub-node due to some reorganisation.

Denver_80211

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 01:22:59 PM »
this is great, thanks again!