Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Song skipping at the beginning on a shoutcast stream  (Read 4885 times)

BillieBlueberry

• View Profile
Song skipping at the beginning on a shoutcast stream
« on: October 14, 2022, 12:43:03 AM »
Hello! Newcomer here!
I've been using WACUP for a bit and I setup a Shoutcast stream for my friends to listen to but at the beginning of songs it like skips a second(?)

I've attached 2 videos, one from the stream and one from a local file.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Song skipping at the beginning on a shoutcast stream
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 07:15:38 PM »
Hi BillieBlueberry and welcome,

WACUP is being developed by 1 person. From my point of view, it is a minor miracle that it exists at all.

It has been well over a year since the last public preview release. For better or worse, while dro has been more involved with the beta branch, he does keep a log of the reported public preview issues. The fixes and improvements on the beta side will eventually make it to the public preview side. Fixes for some of the current preview issues have already been found.

The beta and preview users help things progress by posting what works well and what doesn't. So please try to be patient and continue posting your issues with the public preview.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 04:15:07 PM »
The problem is mostly like that what you're hearing isn't what the streaming dsp is getting as the option to crossfade slightly on track change in the default output plug-in is probably enabled. If you goto preferences -> plug-ins -> output -> directsound -> fading tab to disable it & see if that helps.

As the output plug-in fakes crossfading whereas the dsp is just going to get the immediate data given to it & that can cause these hard-cuts on track change & is something that I'm going to eventually re-work so my streaming source plug-in will instead get things in a manner after all processing & the output plug-in won't be responsible for track cross-fades (i.e. allowing it to work in a manner that's expected irrespective of the plug-ins being used).

-dro

BillieBlueberry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:54:20 PM »
My brain went smooth on me and I couldn't find the disable button but I fixed it by switching the output on the PC streaming it to the Ignorant Output and that fixed it. Issue solved I guess.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:38 PM »
That has the same effect as Ignorant Output doesn't do anything. I just wasn't sure if you're needing to locally listen to things or not at the same time.

-dro