Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Compatibility Improvements for iZotope Ozone Free DSP  (Read 2514 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Compatibility Improvements for iZotope Ozone Free DSP
« on: July 03, 2022, 08:22:06 PM »
The improvements introduced in beta build #11906 are still working for me. When time allows can you make another to hide or minimize it's configuration window when WACUP loads? I would prefer it to be hidden since an icon shows up on the taskbar merged with WACUP's icon when it is minimized.

Being able to save the selected configuration between sessions is a great time saver. However, I've seen a very minor issue. The input gain value after a restart is "0.1" less than the value that was being used in the prior session.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Compatibility Improvements for iZotope Ozone Free DSP
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 02:25:43 PM »
I'm not touching the config values other than making sure the actions by the plug-in are going to be sent to a portable friendly writeable file so it changing the value I can't really explain at this time. Will come back to this thread later as I'd need to do more looking under the disassembler to work out what it might be doing to attempt to override it.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 02:24:00 AM »
Ok, I can live with this. It is much better to only need to correct 1 value than having to set up all the configuration items each time WACUP loads.

Your reply also explains why it is not possible (at this time) to do more (enabling blocked presets, allowing preset changes, etc.) than the plug-in already allows.

I've also noticed that clicking on the configuration window frame in certain places will trigger loading the iZotope website in an external web browser. This is also easy to avoid, if this action can not be blocked.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 03:41:08 AM by Aminifu »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 08:42:59 AM »
I don't know what happened, but all the configuration values are now being saved correctly between sessions.