Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: possible bug-report -- unable to delete a bookmark  (Read 1551 times)

winamper

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
possible bug-report -- unable to delete a bookmark
« on: March 11, 2022, 04:55:03 PM »
First of all, as always, THANK YOU to devs for your work on WACUP. It's my daily driver and awesome.

I'm writing to report a possible bug for future removal. I created a bookmark (right click on item in playlist > bookmark selected). And the bookmark was created and works fine. But the "Edit Bookmarks" item is greyed out (right click on winamp logo > Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks). I presume that "Edit Bookmarks" is needed to delete a bookmark because I can't see any other option. Because it's greyed out, I can't delete any bookmarks. Hope this can be resolved sometime in the future.

THANKS!

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
Re: possible bug-report -- unable to delete a bookmark
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 05:11:19 PM »
Hmm.. I can right-click on a bookmark and there is a "remove selected item.. delete" option.  I just bookmarked something and was able to both edit and delete it.  I am using the Bento Skin currently with the 32bit version.

I just tried the 64bit version and was able to both edit and delete a bookmark. Granted, I was right-clicking on bookmarks in the library window.  But right-clicking on the lighting bolt in the player does work to edit bookmarks.  It just opens up the media library in the bookmarks section.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 05:14:48 PM by MarkRH »

winamper

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 10:06:37 PM »
Maybe it's a version issue.

I have version 1.0.21.7236
build date: March 10 2021

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 11:11:56 PM »
Could be. I am on the latest version: 1.6.2.10456 released February 10, 2022.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 06:18:56 AM »
... But right-clicking on the lighting bolt in the player does work to edit bookmarks.  It just opens up the media library in the bookmarks section.

I'm also using beta build #10456 and am able to edit and delete bookmarks in the media library as MarkRH described. The "Edit Bookmarks" command in the main player's context menu is not grayed out for me. Selecting this command opens the Bookmarks window in the media library.

However some of the skins I use don't have the lighting bolt button on the main player. Those that do have a different response when I click on it. There is an option that changes what clicking on the lighting bolt button does. It is currently on the Preferences - General tab. A long time ago, I changed my configuration to open the "WACUP About" window when clicking on the lighting bolt in the Bento skin and the other skins I use that have this button. It just opens the main player's context menu when I right-click on it.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:46:11 AM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system