Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Wacup, Visualizations, on Windows 11  (Read 4122 times)

jerohm

• View Profile
Wacup, Visualizations, on Windows 11
« on: January 03, 2022, 06:15:21 PM »
If you install (the final) 5.666 WinAmp distribution on Win 11, and try to startup the Milkdrop visualization, it appears to function
properly, until you try to go full screen.  The audio continues to play, but the full screen trys to open, but never actually works. You need to kill tasks (logoff) to get control back.

On the Wacup preview(on Win11), Milkdrop works properly as expected.

I am using a third-party visualization, SoundSpectrum G-Force, on the Wacup preview (on Win11), and has similar trouble trying to execute full screen. However, if you right click the Wacup main window, that gives you some visualization options.  If you left click on "Select Visualization", and double click on the "G-Force" entry (in the separate window), things WILL WORK as expected until closing Wacup Preview.  Using the "Start" button locks things up.

As far as I know, this is the only sequence I can get the G-Force plugin using Wacup, to seamlessly switch between window/full screen.

G-Force also comes in 32 and 64 bit standalone flavors, which will no longer go into full screen (on Win11), so SOMETHING changed from Win10, but since I am able to follow a specific sequence in Wacup and CAN get the plugin to function normally, I thought you may be able to offer some insight.
thank you

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Wacup, Visualizations, on Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:54:45 PM »
From a quick read of things, it honestly sounds like it's a plug-in specific issue vs Win11 rather than something that I can really affect under WACUP.

What specific version of the plug-in are you trying to use as there's a number of versions out in the world that I'd need to know that before trying to look into what you're mentioned though I'll note it's a lower priority for now as I've still not gotten around to even attempting to setup a Win11 test VM.

-dro