Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #19100 (May 10th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Airplay Support and/or DLNA  (Read 7148 times)

blacklord049

• View Profile
Airplay Support and/or DLNA
« on: May 26, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I'm a huge fan of Winamp.
I'd like to see an Airport / Airplay plugin for this awesome player. I actually own a Yamaha receiver and I don't want to install iTunes or another software.
This one is a good idea : http://emilles.dyndns.org/software/out_apx.html
Such a shame it's not free.

Do you require some kind of licence to add this feature ?

Thank you :)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Airplay Support and/or DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
There are a number of DLNA plug-ins that already exist for Winamp but like DLNA, they work to differing degrees of success. I don't know if there's licensing related issues for this implementation of this or if it's only down to some of the formats being used (MP3 going patent free was one possible issue that is now gone).

This (DLNA) is the better option imho to try and do (and is something I'd like to see done) rather than relying on something that is very Apple-centric which without research, I don't know how well it can be accessed (which for me is a no-go as I don't have anything that is compatible due to an unhealthy dis-like of Apple specific lock-in).

-dro

blacklord049

• View Profile
Re: Airplay Support and/or DLNA
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:59:53 PM »
I guess "Bonjour" comes with an API but to be honest I don't know where you can find it and if you would be able to do so...
However the previously mentioned plugin works like a charm and does exactly what iTunes does (but in Winamp, which is cool ;-) ).
I just have to select my amp in a dropdown then voila, music plays on my receiver and its controller sends commands through the network to change track.

I 'll check if the "Send to device" context menu in Windows is able to do the same thing with a huge playlist.
Edit :
- Cannot change the track with the receiver's controller with the Windows native DLNA function.
- Not able to set a random playlist.
Through Kodi, unable to chose a folder to send to my receiver.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:06:01 PM by blacklord049 »