Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: horrifically mangled metadata issues  (Read 3813 times)

infinitephantasm

• you are the DJ, hit the key
  • 5key is eternal!!
    • View Profile
horrifically mangled metadata issues
« on: March 24, 2021, 03:29:33 PM »
for some reason, metadata for practically all songs i've scanned into my library are completely wrong in WACUP. for example:

artists are missing, certain titles for file-names are shifted into the artist area, certain songs have incorrect tracknames or album titles, it's all...wrong.
said songs already have valid ID3 tags, so i'm unsure as to why this is happening. is it because of the autocomplete function when metadata is supposed to be missing (which is not the case here)?

any help or guidance with this issue would be fantastic.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: horrifically mangled metadata issues
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
Can you provide a copy of one of the files (or point me where to get it if it's from a public site) that's exhibiting the issue so I can try it out directly please.

-dro

infinitephantasm

• 5key is eternal!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
Can you provide a copy of one of the files (or point me where to get it if it's from a public site) that's exhibiting the issue so I can try it out directly please.

-dro

one of the files in question

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 04:05:58 PM »
I've just tried adding the file to both the current default local library plug-in (ml_local.dll) & the replacement beta plug-in (ml_ll) & they both seem to show things correctly from what I can tell. The metadata itself seems very complete when looking at it via the alt+3 dialog so it should've matched up to what was being imported.

They are using different methods to acquire the metadata plus how adding files is handles is different so it's possibly a corruption has happened with ml_local's handling of thing (am assuming you've not changed the local library plug-in being used). I also can't see a reason why with the metadata that's in the file that it'd have triggered ml_local to attempt to use it's guessing mode.

One option to try is selecting the affected files & forcing the metadata to be re-read on them. If that works then it's the plug-in being weird (& is why it's got to be replaced). If it doesn't make a difference then I might need to see a copy of the library database.

-dro

infinitephantasm

• 5key is eternal!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 04:43:52 PM »
i tried selecting every file and told it to read metadata, and it behaved the same way as it did before.
i tried selecting a single album and it suddenly decided to work properly for that specific album.
not quite sure why that happens.

i also haven't touched library plugins, ml_local is still the current active one

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 04:52:42 AM »
I'm going to have to chalk this up as an ml_local weirdness for now especially if it can work on a small refresh. You could try to use ml_ll & see what that does (preferences -> media library -> local library -> switching option at the top) but it'd need it's initial import nuked if that's triggered to then allow it to attempt it's own import & see what that does (which would then help to better determine where the issue might be coming from & ml_local's time is running out anyway).

-dro