Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18980 (April 24th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: mp3ext - MP3-Info extension  (Read 1072 times)

tortilio

• View Profile
mp3ext - MP3-Info extension
« on: August 01, 2023, 04:08:48 AM »
This is not a topic closely related to WACUP but... I recently stumbled on such - once deeply loved and by now nearly forgotten - shell extension that basically offers two functions:
- it allows to edit (and batch edit as well) ID3 tags from a tab within the file properties in Windows Explorer
- it offers the chance to associate different icons to MP3 files according to their bitrate

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3ext/files/

I remember shedding bitter tears when I had to abandon it due to its incompatibility with 64 bit environments, years ago (hence its slipping into oblivion), just to lately discover it was eventually made compatible with 64 bit systems, and made open source too.
The interface might appear a little unpolished for the current times, but the extension keeps its great functionality (in my humble opinion) for quick tag corrections when browsing through folders, and the even more singular ability to display different icons for different bitrate MP3s, allowing for their recognition at a glance.

Custom graphic icon sets can be created (with a few already included in the package), just in case the prolific and never thanked enough victhor might ever be interested in adding some WACUP flavoured set...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 04:10:40 AM by tortilio »