Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Installing Quinto v3.6 for WACUP  (Read 3751 times)

ariszlo

• View Profile
Installing Quinto v3.6 for WACUP
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:11:47 PM »
Quinto Black CT is the best skeuomorphic Winamp skin for modern desktops, imho. In his 2018 blog entry, dro mentions it as one of the "two skins that stand out from the last year".

Unfortunately, Quinto's installer is not WACUP-friendly. It only recognizes one installation path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins

This post will guide you how you can install Quinto for WACUP in the following two scenarios:
  • You have both WACUP and Winamp on your machine.
  • You only have WACUP and do not want to install Winamp just for the sake of Quinto.
1. You have both WACUP and Winamp on your machine
  • Launch the installer and install Quinto for Winamp.
  • Copy the Quinto Black CT v3.6 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup\Skins
Do not remove Quinto from Winamp because certain features will only work if Quinto finds the appropriate makis in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\Quinto Black CT v3.6\SCRIPTS

2. You only have WACUP (and do not want to install Winamp)
  • In File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Create a new folder named Winamp
  • Enter the newly created Winamp folder and create a new folder named Skins
  • Copy winamp.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp*
  • Launch the installer and install Quinto into the Winamp directory
  • Copy the Quinto Black CT v3.6 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Wacup\Skins
Do not delete the Quinto Black CT v3.6 folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins because certain features will only work if Quinto  can find the appropriate makis in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\Quinto Black CT v3.6\SCRIPTS

*You do not really need the real winamp.exe. It is in fact enough to create a 0-byte plain text file with the filename winamp.exe.
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Installing Quinto v3.6 for WACUP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 01:14:52 AM »
Well that completely explains why some have been having issues getting it installed even with normal winamp installs if it's assuming a fixed path which would also break things on 32-bit versions of Windows (i.e. XP for those running retro setups).

-dro