Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Quinto Black CT v3.1 Album Coverflow option  (Read 4997 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Quinto Black CT v3.1 Album Coverflow option
« on: February 28, 2021, 07:09:45 PM »
The coverflow often doesn't match the selected playlist item when starting this skin. It does update automatically when the next item starts playing. Does anyone know a way to refresh the coverflow view without changing the selected item?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

ariszlo

• View Profile
Re: Quinto Black CT v3.1 Album Coverflow option
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:02:15 PM »
It works fine for me in v3.6. Why are you using such an old version?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
When I installed v3.6 along with the existing v3.1 some of it's components didn't work properly. So I assume I would have to delete my studio.xnf file and start over with just v3.6. This means I would also have to redo the configuration data for all my other modern skins and I don't want to do that.

Anyway I saw that the v3.6 context menu for the coverflow component added 2 new commands, including a "Go To Current Track" command (which would deal with my stated issue). But the v3.1 "Window Dimension (in pixels)" context menu command, which I find useful for making the images larger or smaller, is removed in v3.6.

Bottom line, PeterK does provide an easy way for me to sync the largest coverflow image with the selected song in v3.6, but doesn't add much else that would encourage me to upgrade. Losing an easy way to scale the coverflow images is also a disincentive. So I will stay with v3.1 for now and simply select the next or previous song and back again when the album art gets out of sync with the selected song. This work-a-round only takes 2 mouse clicks, the same number of clicks as selecting the "Go To Current Track"  context menu command.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:28:14 PM by Aminifu »

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
It does work in Quinto v3.6 if you install Quinto as described here.

When I first tried to set the cover art size after reading your post, I thought it did not work because I just typed the new dimension in the WIDTH = HEIGHT field without hitting the Enter key at the end and was puzzled why the APPLY NEW DIMENSION key was disabled.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 07:40:47 AM »
Thank you ariszlo for the info on how to install version 3.6 on WACUP.

I'll try it again in a few weeks. I'm currently working a temporary full time job at a Covid-19 vaccination site. That and other things don't give me the spare time to play with my skins. :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:41:55 AM by Aminifu »

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 10:24:43 AM »
I'm currently working a temporary full time job at a Covid-19 vaccination site.

Aminifu, you are a hero. I have so much respect for you because of that.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 09:43:38 PM »
Thank you ariszlo, but I'm no hero. I'm just able to do my civic duty and I'm getting paid.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 06:53:28 AM »
Hi ariszlo,

I've finally installed version 3.6 of Quinto Black CT with Winamp. I want see how everything is there before using it with WACUP. So far so good. Every component I was using with v3.1 works in this version.

You misunderstood the album art I was talking about. I was talking the images in the coverflow component, not the single image album art window. Anyway I figured out how to re-size the images in the coverflow. I normally keep the background of this component hidden. The solution is to enable the background and resize it, then hide it again.

I have noticed a couple of minor changes. In v3.1 the color of the speakers can be changed and there are 9 album art images in the coverflow component instead of 7.

ariszlo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 12:56:40 PM »
Hi Aminifu,

In v3.1 the color of the speakers can be changed...

This is how you do it in v3.6: Options > Quinto Black CT > RGB Color Changer > select Loudspeaker Box and apply new color.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 08:30:52 PM »

This is how you do it in v3.6: Options > Quinto Black CT > RGB Color Changer > select Loudspeaker Box and apply new color.

Thanks, you're the man.  :)